Problem handling 5.1 surround in tracksScreenshot

someone showed me, including screenshots, how to command output channels of your sound card to use different channels, use different speakers, adjust the volume and effects

good working

good working

track info
my prablum

ASIO renoise
audio settings renoise
could be the problem that I still use demo temporarily , and give , Asio not to use
Has anyone had the same problem or know the solution?

AFAIK, for Renoise to redirect the multichannel output (5.1 or others) it is necessary to use the ASIO provided by the sound card or the installed compatible ASIO (for example ASIO4ALL).

If the demo version does not support ASIO, Renoise cannot remap these outputs.

This is my configuration with Renoise 3.3.2 Full Version and my Creative Sound Blaster ZxR

Go to Preferences/Audio: Device type and Device:

Go to Routing of the DSP Track:
Depending on the selected ASIO device, different names will appear for track routing.

https://www.renoise.com/download#restrictions

Inside the User Manual of Renoise:

Audio routing control. Audio routing defines where the track’s final output will be send to. Selecting “Master” will send the output to the Master Track and through its effect chain. Selecting a dedicated output of your soundcard will bypass the Master Track, allowing you to separate and mix Renoise tracks with an external mixer console. This is only possible if your soundcard allows the use of multiple channels. To make use of this feature on Windows, you have to use ASIO; on Linux, Jack Audio.

1 Like

In case this question arises …
Once you have the 5.1 layout set up, you can render the song in WAV format in real 5.1 multichannel sound usign another software, as Audacity software.

That is, it is possible to listen songs in real 5.1 sound only using Renoise with a multichannel sound card and ASIO for Windows (or its equivalent for another O.S.)! To render and get a wav file with 5.1 multichannel sound, you will need to use additional audio software to load the tracks you get separately from Renoise.

1 Like

hi hello thank you very much for your information i have requested money from my financial advisor to transfer money to purchase the full version , so that i can activate ASIO in renoise , kind regards Marc de Zeeuw

That’s great! Enjoy Renoise!