Problem With Kontakt 4

some time ago i bought kontakt 4,its my plan to use it for bass

but im having some problems setting this up

i got 3 tracks(patterns)low-mid-high with the same notes

i have loaded kontakt 4 on the first and use kontakt vst alias on the 2nd where i have chosen channel 3 and 3rd track where i have chosen channel 3

but when i hit play i only get sound in the first track??

i think i might be missing something??

ah i had this problem for ages!

you need to set up the channels in Kontakt 4…

i cant post screenshots right now, but i can later if you are stuck… going off memory you need to load up kontakt 4 then click on the output tab at the top. this will load the output channels at the bottom. from here, you click on ‘add channels’, add the amount of channels you intent to use (ive set mine up currently to use 6 stereo channels)

then in renoise, in vst intsrument properties, click on ‘setup routing’… enable however many tracks you set up in the previous steps (ie in my case, it would be 6 tracks) then it should work.

ive probably missed something, but it took me a while to figure this out, but let me know if it doesnt work and ill try again!
cheers
chris

The Otter Years is right. Native Instruments Kontakt routing setup is a pain. Look into the manual for a complete process. I’m in a hurry so all I can say is that each time you add a new channel as described in Kontakt manual, you MUST close Renoise and reopen it, then load Kontakt again. remember to press “Made default” button in Kontakt routing setup at each loop step.

you will certainly fail the first times, so don’t give up: it will magically work before or after and start working since then.

I know it looks silly but it’s exactly what happens

ah thats the step i missed out! i knew there was something ridiculous to do, closing and opening etc. its stupid, but once its done its done and then works perfectly.

thanks will try again :yeah:got it working,it sure is a pain in the ass to set-up though :unsure:

the otter yers

i was wrong i didnt get it to work,and my head is hurting,if you could post some screens that would be awesome

what i want to do is make a template in renoise for bass low mid and high in kontakt to individual tracks in renoise

EDIT FINAL:nevermind now i got it working,i feel kind of stupid,after all the opening and closing of renoise and stuff,i actually had forgotten to set up the right outputs in the kontakt and aliases :wacko:

now its rocking :drummer:

sweet! glad you got it going.

thank you