Problem with VST3 Spectrasonics Omnisphere plugin automation

I contacted earlier before Renoise version 3.4.4 that VST3s have a problem in Renoise with the Instrument Automation plugin. I waited for a solution and again the Renoise team did not comment on it. It’s sad that even though I suggested that the text field that defines the ID automation should be editable, it didn’t happen in the new version 3.4.4… This would solve the problem with INSTRUMENT automation. For those who didn’t figure it out, if you have checked to run VST plugins separately in the sandbox, instrument automation does not work. Please Renoise TEAM, at least make it editable text in INSTRUMENT AUTOMATION This is a pretty big mess. I have contacted the developers of Omnisphere II, I will certainly let you know how the solution with VST3 and instrument automation for Spectrasonic Omnisphere II continues. …

same in version 3.4.4

Good that you have contacted Omnisphere; this doesn’t happen with my Arturia VST3.

What exactly is the problem here: That the automation doesn’t work in general, that it does not work when the plugin is sandboxed or that the parameter names are empty?

And all this only affects Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 as VST3 plugin. Is this correct?

Please give us a few more details here.

The parameter names are empty when using Omnisphere as VST3 (VST2 works as expected), and he wants to be able to edit the names of those parameters.

Didn’t you write that the problem was solved? What did you do to make it work? And why doesn’t it work anymore? As far as I know nothing ever changed, it’s still the same behavior and it never was any different.

Yes, I’m also pretty sure it’s an Omnisphere VST3 thing. It’s the only synth that behaves that way.

I made a video here to show exactly what the problem is. Great news from Spectrasonic, they have responded and asked for more information on the issue with the automation instrument in the VST3 Omnisphere2 version. Renoise is also responding and I firmly believe that this situation will be resolved.

Automation doesn’t work when in sandbox, which doesn’t bother me. I specified the problem in more detail in the video, even in the picture it is evident that the text field of the name of the given assigned ID automation from Omnisphere 2 in the VST3 version is not copied. The names will be left blank. Otherwise, the automation function works, but without the names it is easily lost, it is not obvious which functions are assigned.
Omnisphere 2 VST2 vs VST3 in Renoise VIDEO

We got an NFR version for testing from Spectrasonics now.

After you’ve enabled Host Automation in the plugin as described here:

The VST3 parameters should be visible in the Instrument automation device in Renoise. They currently are not, but this will be fixed in the next Renoise update.

You are the best ! If you manage to fix the naming problem. Enable Automation works without a name, which is frustrating and confusing if we use multiple IDs in host automation. I think I’m not only speaking for myself, but we are looking forward to the new update of the best tracker sound workstation Renoise! Where the Spectrasonic Omnisphere 2 in the VST3 version will display titles, or even the title field will be editable.