[???] Problems with ArtsAcoustic VST Reverb presets

It seems, it doesn’t sometimesload one of my reverb plugins correctly, when i open some of my songs. All settings and selected preset are lost. Its the vst ArtsAcoustic: Reverb. When i reopen this song again, it loads it fine. The log doesn’t show any error.

I’ve attached some files for better debugging. In songsetting.xml you see the raw xml part for the settings of this plugin in the song.

In correctly_loaded.xml is the “copy settings”-XML when everything is fine.

In wrong_loaded.xml is the “copy settings”-XML when something is wrong. Its the first parameter (dry/wet) which seems be wrong here. Maybe other parameters, too.

Unfortunately it will be hard finding out more info here without seeing the original song or without narrowing down the problem a little bit more.

If you don’t want to publish the song here you can also send it to us privately.

Also, are you sure that this never happened in previous Renoise version?

Yep, never happen in 3.01. I can send you the song for debugging via mail, its just a demo. But i’m not sure, if you’ve all the needed vst plugins on your system. I’m using alot. The funny thing about this bug, it happens sometimes, not everytime. But i can easily reproduce it, when i just restart renoise.

I’ve send you an email to the email address from the impressum page. You’ll find a zip file with the demo song and a video, which will show you the issue.

@taktik: Do you was able to reproduce this issue? Still happens in b4.

No sorry, got no idea yet. Also wonder what could cause this in theory as nothing related changed from 3.0 to 3.1 here (nothing I’m aware of).

You’ve used the 64bit version of Renoise 3.0 too? And you are sure that this never happened in 3.0?

Do you have the same problem with new songs made with ArtsAcoustic Reverb?

If you disable all plugins but theArtsAcoustic reverb, does it then load up fine? You can try this by temporarily setting the VST path to theArtsAcoustic plugin folder.

Maybe there’s something useful in the Renoise log. Could you please attach it?

Its a pretty strange bug. You have seen in my video, that this bug is easily reproducible for me. I just need a fresh started renoise 3.1, load the original demo song and bam. It doesn’t happen in renoise 3.01. I always use the 64bit versions of renoise. Song was saved in renoise 3.01 64bit. Do you have all the needed plugins? I tried to strip down the demo song. I was able to remove all the other vst fxs. When i try to clean up or exchange the instruments, then the bug is gone. The new demo song just need serum, pianoteq5 and the arts reverb to play it. It also needs some more fresh restarts of renoise (2-3 times), till the issue occurs again.Will this help?

Is it possible to get a more verbose debug log in the beta?

Here the loading part for the song, nothing special:

Application: Loading ‘dnb liquid 4 (d).xrns’.

MIDI: Loading MIDI actions from file ‘C:\Program Files\Renoise 3.1.0\Resources\Scripts\GlobalMidiActions.lua’…

Osc: Loading OSC actions from file ‘C:\Program Files\Renoise 3.1.0\Resources\Scripts\GlobalOscActions.lua’…

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate H:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\Pianoteq 5 STAGE (64-bit).dll

VstPlugs: Analyzing VST plugin ‘Modartt: Pianoteq 5 STAGE (64-bit)’, Unique ID:1349793133, Version:2400

VstPlugs: Instantiate OK

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate H:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\Serum\Serum_x64.dll

VstPlugs: Analyzing VST plugin ‘Xfer Records: Serum_x64’, Unique ID:1483109208, Version:2400

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate H:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\ArtsAcousticReverb.dll

VstPlugs: Analyzing VST plugin ‘ArtsAcoustic: Reverb’, Unique ID:1094799970, Version:2400

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate H:\Program Files\VstPlugIns\ArtsAcousticReverb.dll

VstPlugs: Analyzing VST plugin ‘ArtsAcoustic: Reverb’, Unique ID:1094799970, Version:2400

Player: Constructing…

Player: Creating slave threads…

Player: 8 Audio CPUs are enabled. 8 physical CPUs are available.

Player: Start running…

GUI: Creating the Document GUI…

GUI: Successfully constructed

Application: Successfully loaded ‘dnb liquid 4 (d).xrns’.