Professional Use Renoise

Autechre (Sean Boot) interview done by Elektron.
Interesting.

http://www.elektron.se/stories/?y=2007&amp…=5&s=1#talk

all dialogs are very intresting! thank u! i see some people work with jesk.buzz. what u think about this tracker?)

just dont like its modular hell =) just joking.
not for me.

when i heard about renoise, it was because i heard a lot of the bigger, forward thinking drum n bass producers are using it. I thought i’d check it out, and I, personally, think it sounds more professional than cubase, or logic. i find it funny that there are people on this board that are asking this question :)

I heard Cheney uses Renoise so that’s why I use Renoise. I’m gonna shoot you with it.

i suppose what i meant is that it came to my attention because i kept hearing certain “professional” people talk about it, thus i thought i should check it out. :P

10 PRINT “I use Renoise because”
20 GOTO 10

I used to use Cubase and Logic and Reason and FruityLoops and they all sucked because Renoise is starting to be hip and I love it because it’s so profewssinoal music productivon staiton and I really are going to make professional iteligent danse musik and pröötcore music and trum’npass musik with it.

l33t

me from moscow.

word.

Okay, i give in, i really got into it for the kaneel sex-factor. dont let it spread around.

thats the only reason why I will be at evoke.

Yeah ofcourse, now I know why I use Renoise that much!
Kaneel uses it! whohooo! :D

Mostly peopley whos not using the f-word

<-and yes, that was a joke :)

The semantically true meaning of a “professional” is a person who’s making a profession of it, in other word who can live on it… But to be honest it doesn’t mean a shit, I know people who released their things on very major labels (EMI, Warner, Virgin) and didn’t earn much money, I also know people that play in very famous bands and can not even live on their music, I also know people who isn’t even sign to a label but still earn lot of money, and I know people who do very professional sounding music and release it for free on the web… So the meaning of professional really seams a bit subjective.