Programming Septuplets?

Does anyone have a good way of programming septuplets and which configurations suit you best? Seems slightly more tricky to grasp than conventional tuplets

Cheers!

Would this tool be of any help? https://www.renoise.com/tools/place-selected-notes-evenly

It should be simple to use this for showing what delay values you need to use for any kind of grid.

If you are in 8 LPB it should be delays like:

1. 00
  2. 24
  3. 48
  4. 6C
  5. 90
  6. B4
  7. D8
  8. — (let this line empty)

Not sure but quite sure :badteeth:

@sokoban Looking at it this way using delay 0-255 makes much more sense, and those values closely align with the tool joule posted.

@joule This is a clever little script, thanks man

Just a thought: Consider the triplets in say 2 bars from Debussy Arabesque #1:

Attachment 7451 not found.

Two patterns in this xrns producing very very similar results, but not quite the same. Too early in the morning to consider such things :slight_smile:

Just a thought: Consider the triplets in say 2 bars from Debussy Arabesque #1:

Two patterns in this xrns producing very very similar results, but not quite the same. Too early in the morning to consider such things :slight_smile:

I think the 3 8th notes in the second bar should be a triplet as well.

I think the 3 8th notes in the second bar should be a triplet as well.

The ‘triplet’ in the second bar is implied from the previous bar and the beam grouping. Debussy himself didn’t indicate ‘triplet’ time on the sets of 3 eighth notes in the original hand written score, he probably assumed you would know from the beam grouping of those notes that they are played in triple time:

Attachment 7464 not found.

The ‘triplet’ in the second bar is implied from the previous bar and the beam grouping. Debussy himself didn’t indicate ‘triplet’ time on the sets of 3 eighth notes in the original hand written score, he probably assumed you would know from the beam grouping of those notes that they are played in triple time:

attachicon.gifdebussy.png

Interesting, I didn’t know you may notate them this way, but yeah, it’s quite obvious. I thought you might have missed it somehow, because you said the XRNS is “not quite the same”. (I didn’t have a look at the XRNS, sorry).