Proper audio routing to plugins

for an easiest implementation, you can have a look at Reaper implementation :

• each track can have any number of input channels
  • each track can have any number of output channels
  • for each VST/VSTi, you can affect any VST/VSTi output channel to any track channel

The “new” renoise send device would allow to send any channel on the signal chain to any other channel of another track.

Easiest perhaps, but I don’t think it’s ideal. With send channels you can already almost get anything to anything routing and bussing. This might give you a little bit more flexibility with those plugins having extra sidechain inputs, but it doesn’t get you all that much more.

I’d much rather have fully modular routing. The visual feedback means that you are no longer limited to routings you can keep track of in your head and that makes a world of a difference. The visual feedback frees you to think of the whole routing holistically as a “system” instead of individual effects chains and individual channels.

Of course, who knows how much has to happen under the hood for this to happen. I’ll dream though!

I know. I also come from Audiomulch & Buzz, so I get your point.
Anyway, for a first increment/iteration, the Reaper solution might allow some proper audio routing to plugins.
Better than nothing!

Everybody here is talking about audio routing, but also midi routing would be nice to have, specially with arpeggios.

Missing this feature too!

I wish Renoise would have the support of multichannel routing for VST plugins. Why it may be needed? For example, it may be useful if we want to send stereo streams from two different tracks to Voxengo SPAN (that supports up to 8 input and 8 output channels) and see the comparision of both tracks’ frequency response.

Also useful for stereo vocoders

This thread’s a little over a year old…is this sort of audio routing possible in Renoise now?

Nope. Although I’m not sure what VST exist that have more than a stereo input, eg a sidechain input?

Compressors and filters both can have sidechain inputs – Cytomic Glue & Drop, FabFilter Volcano & Pro-Q, etc etc.

My only issue with the signal follower (much as I love it) is that, unlike a straight audio send/receive situation, you can only send one value at a time.
So you can’t target a parameter from several sources (well, you can but only 3 via the hydra)

Signal follower is cool and very useful, but the point of real audio routing is that the plugins often have special behavior around the incoming audio. Filtering it, envelope following with slop, whatever. Things that you can do in renoise without the plugins, yeah, but the plugins have their own character and tools for accomplishing some of this stuff.

up.

uupupup

that’s totally fine without that option if you do not intent to use for example: TDR Nova for multiband sidechain, or other plugins that allow sidechain-based or any multichannel processing. I think vst3 would solve this issue but i’m not quite sure?

multiband send is just an audio splitter which sends separate bands to different locations. I do not see any connection with topic request for audio routing to plugins.

• Send would be ideal, if you could send for example audio from track 1 to track 2 to VST XY, so it could trigger sidechain for example. Or send tracks 1,2,3,4 to GROUP track, whereas every track could go into separate audio input from the VST plugin (some multichannel vst which supports splatial 3d environment) which would let you process them in a unique way (broad topic, since i picked no specific plugin).

True. That’s why i create tunes from time to time within FT2 and milkytracker, just so i can spare my mind all the bloat that exists…

I cannot make ‘template’ for renoise EQ, it’s small. I think improving EQ just by making its display bigger would benefit to the whole community. The most important thing (by my opinion) - EQ - is almost useless, so uncomfortable to do anything, it just screams to me…

look at this > it invites you to do anything from notching to filtering/coloring comfortably with a smile.

In renoise - i do not ask about visualisations, just for functionality. Bigger eq window (to able to maximize it for example.)
I would personally introduce EQ tab like sampler does have one, since EQ is to me the most important thing.

I think involving more/additional tabs should benefit also, since there are 5 tabs and the rest of screen is just unpopulated…

If these topics can be improved - i would gladly dispose all third party vst fx…

i was talking about simple EQ ergonomic improvements, not about how one should think about frequencies/bands…

i do not get your point since i was rather writing about what could be improved from the already existing devices… (some elementary stuff, ffs i’m not asking for bitwig fx grid and its modulators…)

and how one should think about music is not the concern of this post. Since if we start discussion like that, we would end up poking stick into a stone just because you can create music like that also…

pointless…

It depends on what is enough for you and me.

~ Routing audio from right to left?
~ How would you route audio from track 1 to track 2? (or - using send device to send audio to track, not to FX track)

I own many eq’s and i do not have problem with that. I would like a neat solution from renoise native EQ, since on linux, i cannot use my favorite EQ…

similar - as in you would get the final audio sum, but you couldn’t send audio from one track to 3 tracks per say.

not panning wise - mixer flow control wise

TDR slick EQ GE (NOVA GE also for some heavy-duty stuff)
and no - i do not intent to use wrappers/wine/carla for that

i would stop this endless debate by not replying to offtopic questions here from now on

again no, because you cannot use send device to send audio unless you meant the fx track (like i already did mention in the previous reply). And no, i won’t write over and over again same stuff

btw, slick eq is parallel eq indeed… and they also have great feature which is compensating for the gain/loss of eq change.
as i’ve read from the some credits for renoise - Fabien Schivre - the developer - also did take some part in renoise realm also…

oh boy…