Prosper Proper songs (unique thread)

Hi,

my first song where I sing … Pretty scary tho. :slight_smile:
Everything is made with my instruments, my hands and Renoise with only bare plugins (and zynaddsubfx for some synths.)

Hope you’ll enjoy it !

ps: My voice is naturally awfull but I had difficulties to mix it correctly… If someone have some advices, I would be pleased !

4 Likes

Nice! Liked the lyrics too (as I can understand because I’m french. :slightly_smiling_face:)

About your voice integration, the voice track is certainly a bit weak, even in the mix, even that’s not unpleasant.

Thanks !

Yep, the voice track is weak, I think it’s related to my vocal techniques, I might try to sing a little louder to get more abrasive harmonics. I also use a beta sm58a mic (bare setup to take violin & with pop filter for vocals), it’s rather possible I’m not using my setup correctly but the sound of the nude track seems correct at first glance.

For this song, when I add more voice in the mix, the sound is not that clear and the voice remains desperately in the medium. I tried to apply some EQ to correct that but “t” and “s” became an unpleasing sharp ear killer… Maybe with better EQ there’s something to do, but I’d rather record new vocals and try to fix the source.

Next try this week end !

1 Like

Pretty good track.As for your vocals if you try harder you wiil get better results for sure.Your voice is not bad at all

1 Like

I’m going to post all my songs in a single topic, that prevents creating so much threads.

My last one (just finished) in a different style of everything I posted here before… Mostly punk/swing with a little funk inside. All instruments by me, with only bare plugins, as usual.
Again I tried to work out my voice, I hope it’s better than before.

Hope you’ll enjoy it

2 Likes

I worked a lot these days… So here’s another song I started yesterday and just finished:

Typical Rock… I think on this one voice mastering is rather good, I just have to work on my vocals to get a better sound :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like your tracks, they have soul!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everybody,

I made a new (punk rock) song with a new Japanese fender stratocaster I recently bought… This guitar is so easy to play… Gosh, why didn’t throw my old aria pro 2 before ?

As usual, only drum samples and standard renoise effects (including all guitar dists… this cabinet simulator is pretty good… :slight_smile: )

Hope you enjoy it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A long time ago, I was composing a lot of House/Techno/EDM… BTW that’s why I always used trackers, it’s sooo convenient for this kind of music…
This is the first House track I’m happy with since 10 years I’d say !

Hope you like it ! :slight_smile:
Christophe

2 Likes

The mix between house music and real played electric guitar is pleasant, that’s groovy and chilled.

1 Like

That was surprisingly difficult to play that with straight and clean rhythm. Usually I don’t play that fast, that was a good exercise (but it’s still not perfect…) !

Nice track! I really dig it. A lot of variation. Well done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice <3

1 Like

Hey thanks guys ! This is heartwarming :slight_smile:

Another track I just uploaded, funny rock/mambo style… I still don’t like my voice, nothing new… :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe you can provide translation in english for the lyrics.Thanks and great work as always

1 Like

yes for sure :slight_smile:

she took her bicycle
to go out and celebrate
when he saw her on her bike.
he invited her for a mambo.

after that long dance
they talked about their holidays
shared a mojito
on a coconut milk base

on the way back
she offered to make him a coffee.
under the spell of her attire
he of course accepted

he went up in his suite
she manages to take his hand
he wonders if it’s not going too fast.
she hopes he’ll stay tomorrow.

she reverts to her beautiful babydoll
the one she reserves for the evenings of celebration
she drags him under the sheets
by telling him that she’s a guy

he pretends to be surprised
happy to be in his arms
he admits to her that he is a girl
but she already knew that.

1 Like

LOL … not my taste exactly, but I enjoyed it :slight_smile: … Great singing and top notch mix! I can imagine that this becomes a radio hit.

1 Like

Hi everybody,

I spend a month to remaster some songs on my soundcloud profile to get a better sound, so nothing really new came during this time, but …

I bought some new hardware and software (for voice and guitar effects…) and it took me some time to get used to these new tools, so I only have a half-track to push on soundcloud…

Here it is:

This is a cross-funk-d&b style (in fact I don’t really know, there’s also a little psychedelic rock side…) I tried to get a synthwave taste but there are mostly real instruments in the mix (guitar/bass/violin/voice) and some obvious synths…

There’s still work to do on this track, I’d like to add more lyrics, some variations and maybe another funky solo on the slow part of the tracks.

I had some trouble to get a synth voice that was understandable but clearly robotic, I’m not totally happy with it, if you have ideas to improve it (apart from changing lyrics, these one a mostly garbage for testing the voice) I would be pleased if you share some thoughts.

I decided to stop the work in the middle of the track because working with new stuff is exhausting, and I like this track pretty much, I don’t wan’t to waste it ! I’ll take back work on it later and improve my skills with other ones.

Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello there,

I totally reworked from scratch this song in a mambo-punk way. It’s now a lot faster than before, 133 -> 165bpm and sounds nicer to my ears… It would be nice of you to tell me what you would try to improve :slight_smile:

Thanks !

2 Likes

The bpm change you did was a good choice.I hear it in my crappy phone and the mix sounds solid very clear.