Protrekkr 2.6.2 Win32 RECENT & 2.5 Multi-Platform All Others>>>

Found this some days ago a WINDOZE ONLY update to Protrekkr 2.6.2…

This was last month release…December of 2021…

So in an attempt to THINK I figger this is the ONLY OTHER present-day updated tracker OTHER THAN Renoise to have sprouted from the open-sourced Noisetrekker 2…

Nice to have a counterpart in the case of Protrekkr it has closely adhered to the Arguru concept just updating & improving the original idea like repainting, restoring an old cadillac to spit-polish shine with a toothbrush…

Very nice temptation for the sample-based workflow with built-in FX only (YAYhhhh!) to keep distractions away & GUI modernized for today’s screenz…

Tune here on MANWE’s Channel-

For the Linux, Amiga OS4, AROS and Mac OSX Users the OTHER place is-

https://code.google.com/archive/p/protrekkr/

NOTE- The 2.6.2 includes all the modules & a manual…The 2.5s on the last link I mentioned do not have modules inside them so there is a separate modules DL you unZip into the Modules folder…

I am sure Arguru is smiling down on this one, but wait! He’s probably very busy on another concept-project!..He’ll be here to smile when it’s done!! Let us not forget…

A Protrekkr cluster-

3 Likes

OK… recently finished creating 192 Protrekkr 2.5-2.6 Instruments (PTI)…

NOTE-

-These work in 2.5.4 or 2.6.2

-These are single WAV instruments as even though you can key-map a multi-sample instrument I did not see the need for it yet as I did not include any drums which are personal & most would want to key-map their own anyways & drums are small enough files to get away with being multi-sample key-map…However there are SOME loose perc-hits in the included instruments…

-Most are not looped some are but you change all that yourself to suit whatever the scenario…

-Some of the Instruments contain verbal profanity!..Let the meek be warned!!..

-Follow the yellow brick…ERR, this image to see what to do if you know absolutely nothing at all…

Archive available at OldSchoolDAW as attachment at SECOND post here-

2 Likes

OK…Just added another 125 Instruments to my thread at OldSchoolDAW…

Last reply, (bottom of thread)…

Just added MANY more Instruments over at OldSchoolDAW for Protrekkr…

if you retain the original instruments & add everything I have done to it you should have 544 Instruments total…

There will be more as I have not covered Brass, Strings & Drums yet but I imagine the total to be around 800 instruments when finished…

The Jaco Bass Sets have been completed (KroJaco…) as I had to process many of the resultant WAVs…

There are also some quite large ‘soundscape’ instruments to experiment with to see how Protrekkr handles them…

It’s also open source. The C++ code is at https://github.com/hitchhikr/protrekkr if you or anyone you know knows C++. I’ve used it on ARM Linux before.

1 Like

Yes, You are right as I grabbed that from there yesterday myself…

I have discovered 2 bugs so far…random crash when selecting a different instrument OR sample, might happen after 6 or perhaps 60 switches but only in 2 different XP machines, testing on ASUS transformer with windows 10 64bit did hundreds of switching no issue…

Other is when saving a reverb preset disengages audio engine completely, no sound, no VU meter activity but one can save & restart app…This is in XP so far & haven’t tested in windows 10 yet…

Many more instruments in last week or two…Now over 1,000…All kinds…

Cheap short loopers…Long tapered non-loopers…Fart boxes…You name it…

New Aspects of Protrekkr…

After making over 4,000 PTI Instruments I have decided to concentrate on the Dual PTK-303s in Protrekkr…If you like the sound of ReBirth’s 303s You’ll probably like Protrekkr’s 303’s…

I have made a few videos these should get you close to the postings where there are attachments-

Video 1-

Module for Video One-

Video 2 with 303 Patterns & Module attached (Finished today)-

NOTE that the Protrekkr thread there is NOW on page 2 for most recent postings…Hope you find my crap video series useful or perhaps mystifying if nothing else…

Working on a tune the last couple days I am doing a WIP walkthrough mostly providing Tips & Hints for Protrekkr…As there are really NONE anywhere…

I have completed the Intro & Verse but will be bringing the 303s upfront so will be sharing many more 303 patterns for the bridge into chorus…

For those ‘On the Fence’ perhaps this will provide a bit of leaning towards the Protrekkr side of the fence…

Starting roughly here-

1 Like