Protrekkr For Psp

I’m scheming ideas right now to make people get their money’s worth…

Here’s my best idea so far…

I know of these type of headphones that only retail for $15. For some crazy reason, they are incredibly high quality sounding. I just bought some recently. The sound rivals my Sennheiser HD 590 (I know I know, I have Sennheisers but can’t afford a used $200 laptop on craigslist? But I’ve had the Senns for a long time. And these days I have a mortgage, kids, bills, etc…).

Anyway, There is a forum of people who have found a way to modify these $15 headphones to make them sound even better. I mean there’s like 30 something pages of a forum thread where people have done this mod on their headphones and it’s unanimous that they rival headphones in the $100-150 range.

So … Donations could be for like $30-35 bucks, I use 15 of it to buy the headphones, spend my time modding them, and then send them to you … So for $35, you get a pair of $150 sounding headphones, but I still get money towards the laptop …

It could work … Maybe …

But then it sounds like you’re wasting your time making stuff for people. But yeah, I could see how that works. Depends on what you find more valuable, money or time.

Gotta work for a living. I’m not just going to beg. :) We’ll see if I can scrape together some $. Maybe even sell my CS1X for the money. If I could find all the knobs for it …

This topic has one of the weirdest twists I ever read.
Well, I have a proposal, but it depends where you live.

I have a celeron Laptop that I don’t use anymore because I now have a new Dual core thingy.
The only downside on this laptop is that the battery is dead.
so my proposal is like this
Modded headphone <-> laptop

I fully understand that people think so but honestly LSDJ/LGPT feel wonderful with the dpad and a few buttons. You may try it and still not agree but I think most tracker fans would be won over after a few days working with it.

I’m such a LGPT fanboy. :(

OMG you have yourself a deal dude! (Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you)

I live in the United States but I can definitely front some shipping costs.

By the way, Did I say THANK YOU!?

:D :D :D

See, ramble about it long enough and a solution presents itself. :)

Shipping costs might kill us though … May end up being not worth it. We’ll see.

I’m still very grateful to Drips for the offer even if it doesn’t work out. :)

Heck, I’ll still even write him a song on my theoretical laptop :D

actually i really enjoyed playing with LSDJ and another one i forget the name of.
the difference is in the workflow and the usability of the interface.
with lsdj it was written with the GB input method in mind along with the target device being in wide circulation, and the interface+workflow compliments this greatly.

module trackers in the oldschool and modern respect, rarely ever make it to some embedded devices like the PSP, i believe is mainly in the input translation. while the program is doing what it is intended to do, to create a user base, you must have a usability with your intended input method. where the actual usefullness of any software is gauged. it seems module trackers in this regard just don’t translate.

just get all your costs like time and percentage together & a solid price + shipping. get 10 people to paypal you in faith and go get the headphones, mod them & send them out. then ask everyone of the 10 people to give you feedback so you can use it on the next batch. i need a good pair of new headphones.
you can count me in.

just a suggestion.

oh yeah an also if you can find some colored heat shrink for the wires, you could reinforce the cables, and make them snazzy. :D

I’d feel like an idiot. But I don’t know exactly what a person considering itself a whore does feel like, though.

Being a huge mobile music geek I’ve thought a lot about exactly these things, used a lot of different mobile music software and I think that gamepads would be a lovely fit for mod trackers using something quite close to the lgpt/lsdj control method.

So I’ve already got 2 people interested in the headphones just out of this thread, which probably not everybody checks…

I think I’ll do an interest check thread and might try this and see how it goes. :D