Question about new convolver

i play guitar with IR convolvers alot.

I find that new convolver gives inferior sound that plugins like kefir or lecab2 do. Since i am linux user i am very interested in convolver plugin since it doesnt need in any sort of wrapping (in dssi-vst or vst-bridge).

Why renoise convolver sounds in other way than lecab2\kefir\boogex do?

I think it is optimized for speed, low latency, low cpu use. Maybe it can get a HQ mode setting in the future?

Don’t expect any answer soon …;

kraken has become a dad now …( without being sarcastic )
About optimised for speed …;;hm .;
This reverb ( imho the best ou there ) uses the exact amount of cpu as convolver , an is also realtime …and sounds superior .
http://www.knufinke.de/sir/sir2.php

In the end …;al off of renoise effects are, sorry to say …inferior to even freeware stuff .
A bit sad , because they have potential ,.
I started a topic , charge more money for renoise , hire some seasoned dsp developers

I like Renoises native stuff a lot, sounds good (enough) to my ears, reliable (= stable) plus low cpu usage. You can’t really compare it to wares stuff, as one vst(i) often costs more then Renoise itself. I don’t want to rely on freeware vst(i) stuff too much as it can be prone to crashes, can’t have that (especially live). Plus I find the relatively few parameters in Renoises native effects compared to other plugins handy for sake of overview when automating (yeah, I know about search, but stil…).

Boils down to taste and pragmatism.

I only got LEGIT copys of reaktor/zebra/audiomulch
Al of renoise effects are recreated with reaktor
Except convolver and cabinet simulator (reaktor doesn’t do convolution …yet )
There is a lot of ‘non synthedit’ fantastic freeware .
The best renoise effetc ( when kraken came aboar) multitap has a bug …
Filter 3 sucks really hard ,ifyou ever hear a good res.filter then you know what I am talking about , it zippers all overthe place ( look at your spectrogram around 15khz)
The other effects are mediocre to say the least but usable …yes
Try this freebie and compare it with cab.sim.
http://www.voxengo.com/product/boogex/

Yes, the internal effects perhaps are not as good as dedicated plugins are, but they are not useless. I personally can accomplish enough with the majority of the native effects and if not: one can use plugins instead, so do not feel limited to use a far more superior plugin if the native effect doesn’t cut it for you.