Question About Sample Slices In 2.7

First I’d like to say the 2.7 beta is amazing!! Keep up the great work!

I’m trying to get a breakbeat thats been sliced to play each slice to the end of the entire loop when triggered, instead of only to the beginning of the next slice…is this possible?

Yes but I can’t tell you exactly where. I believe it’s a setting for the Instrument, so you can’t sometimes trigger just slice, sometimes rest of sample, but you can choose which way the slices will always be triggered. (As slices are assigned to 09xx and to keys I did suggest an option for having notes play just slices and 09xx triggering to play to end of sample but think that may confuse to many people and it wasn’t picked up anyway.)

Yep. First, make sure that the base sample is currently selected (so you can actually edit slices and what not), and then disable the [1>] button inbetween the auto-slicing threshold and snap settings:

1960 renoise-slice-play-mode.png

[quote=“dblue, post:3, topic:32208”]
Yep. First, make sure that the base sample is currently selected (so you can actually edit slices and what not), and then disable the [1>] button inbetween the auto-slicing threshold and snap settings:

1960 renoise-slice-play-mode.png

Thanks dblue, the screenshot helps so much lol.