Quick mutes (for 16th note triplets)

Hi everyone, I’m coming back to renoise after about a billion years and I remember on the trackers of yore I could do triplets with delays.

That’s no problem, I foundthe delay column in renoise, that’s even easier. however, if I have the resolution set so every 16th is a single line then fitting 3 notes in… the only way I can think of doing that is putting the note in another column and using delays but then I have a muting issue where I need it to mute when the next delayed note comes in and I’m not sure how to do that (bear in mind I’m using midi notes here)

I guess short version is is there a command for mute after x ticks or something?

Sorry if I’m not being clear. Cheers.

if i dig correct what you want, then you need to set up highligt options and default pattern lenght in song highlight options.

so i attached highlighting one bar loop, with 6lines per beat , so you can hit in the midle for triplet

6378 1bar.JPG

is there a command for mute after x ticks or something?

Cxy in the regular effect column cuts to volume x after y ticks.

Cx in the volume or panning column cuts the note after x ticks.

The shorter Cx in the volume/panning column is also affected by the note delay, so they combine very nicely.

Obligatory silly demo song:
6380 QuickMutedTriplets.xrns

Edit: Derp. I just now saw “MIDI notes”. Sorry. Not sure if this will work for you after all.

Maybe take a look into using a Phrase instead? You could have a phrase that just plays a single note with the desired note off position, and then trigger this with note delays from the main pattern.

Edit: Derp. I just now saw “MIDI notes”. Sorry. Not sure if this will work for you after all.

It works for midi notes, but its not a note cut. Its a normal midi note off. Atleast the “Cx” version.

The notes per beat probably wouldn’t so it as it’s triplets over straight, so 16th note trill over two normal 16th notes for other bits.

But I’ll give Cxy a go and if not I’ll look at phrases, if I’m honest I’ve been meaning to anyway,

Thanks very much everyone :slight_smile: