Radium - a better(?) tracker...

You can find this information in the top bar on the left… :guide_dog:
The company is no more or at least inactive. This is how their product looks like:

But there’s a reason why “digital readout” is still there… :alien:

1 Like

Was Dreamstation the predecessor of Orion DAW? The controls look kind of similar…

Found one disadvantage/bug which made me stop trying with Radium: Opening a saved song with VST instruments, the patch is defaulted to the first sound and you need to remember what settings you had. Also some instruments are completely silent until you open it’s parameters or gui and fiddle with volume.

Did you mention that in the forum?

https://users.notam02.no/~kjetism/radium/forum2/viewforum.php?f=7

Yes, It’s Audio Simulation Dreamstation II which was a dual Tracker - Piano Roller (done right too). You may be familiar with Dreamstation 1 which was quite popular in 1998-2001-

They were talking about DS2 in 2000 but took them EIGHT years to complete so many had gone elsewhere years before so it was basically an internal release by 2008. This is one that got by many unnoticed…

Some kool features lanes in tracker open up for chords like renoise… Uses VST-VSTi & DX-DXi I prefer DirectX it’s a superior architecture to VST & almost always no failed scans if there is it’s usually host problem… You can change status of a plugin from instrument to effect or vice versa. Piano roll supports tracker in proper manner. Does MIDI controller vertical lanes or VST params in separate track…

You can still download demo here-

DS1 is free from there as well… I have a thread on DS1 here-

https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6613&sid=f5a9838d8028e3a430eaa22dd2a17644

SequentialVibes is another but as tracker only… Strength is simple fast well engineered workflow, downside is ‘record turn knob’ automation but uses VST-VSTi-DX plugs but a bit picky as it’s from 2003-

Of recent trying ReViSiT in Tracktion 2.1 which is a recommended DAW works very well in it & I must say just loading an IT module sounds better than anything else out of the gate, schismtracker, chibitracker, modplug, berotracker all those I have tried. I guess I need to start digging deeper very powerful pattern editor both for advanced IT format as well as MIDI for driving VSTi