Random question for dblue

I’m looking for a song and I think you might be able to help remember it.

Someone posted in the forum years back asking for a sound design tutorial for a lead synth in a song. It was quite ambient with water sounds in the intro.

The lead turned out to actually be quite simple and you posted quite an accurate recreation of it with just a sawtooth, filter connected to lfo and a some reverb. Turns out the ckill was in the playing!

The song felt quite slow sort of 140 bpm but half time… long shot but maybe you’ll remember it?

Random question indeed :slight_smile:

I do remember it, because it remains one of my favourite tracks.

“Leraine” by Secede ft. Kettel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdjnS2SJjhc

And here’s the thread in question with my XRNS attached:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/how-do-you-make-this-whiney-synth-sound-idm/27906

Nice track!

think I remember it being posted first time but no way I would have remembered if to answer the question! :slight_smile:

ahh secede and ketell …the glory of holland .

Love secede , but it seems that the ‘sending orbs’ label is in stasis mode

Love that track, thanks for asking, and thanks for posting the video!

yes thank you! Amazing track

Random Question For dblue thread? Weird, but OK…

Dear dblue, do you like spicy food and why?

Dear dblue,

could the revolutionary war have been ended earlier had the muskets of the time not suffered from such awful recoil characteristics?

Dear dblue, is this a wasp in my pants?

do you like spicy food and why?

I do enjoy a bit of heat in my food, and I often add chili flakes to whatever I’m cooking. Unfortunately, due to my mish-mash of inferior white European mongrel genes, my body is not very well suited to handling the aftermath, and I get acid reflux pretty much just looking at something spicy. As a result, I carry a pack of Rennie antacid with me everywhere I go. I mean, what am I gonna do… not eat the delicious things that just happen to cause me abdominal pain? Hah, right! Time for some nachos, baby!!!

could the revolutionary war have been ended earlier had the muskets of the time not suffered from such awful recoil characteristics?

I have no clue, but I do often selfishly fantasize about how different life would be if things had gone the other way — if the British had managed to win the war, maintain control of the colonies, expand even further, and essentially turn the United States of America into the United States of Great Britain. That’d be quite lovely! :slight_smile:

is this a wasp in my pants?

Or are you just bee sed to see me? Hiyooo!

Fantastic answers dblue!

Knocked them out of the park! B)

Look forward to future installments!

I have no clue, but I do often selfishly fantasize about how different life would be if things had gone the other way — if the British had managed to win the war, maintain control of the colonies, expand even further, and essentially turn the United States of America into the United States of Great Britain. That’d be quite lovely! :slight_smile:

But, then there would be no Willy Nelson?

But, then there would be no Willy Nelson?

But George Formby could at least have had his proper place in history!

Then the British Invasion would just be Bands Sojourning Across the Atlantic

Dear dblue,

what does Sojourning mean?

Dear dblue,

when will there be an AMA?