Randomize Notes?

hey guys. feel free to slap me upside the head cause i’m sure its been discussed. but is there a way to randomize notes? i’d like to be able to generate a drum kit, input a ‘default’ pattern, then be able to randomize the same pattern with different hits.

if this isn’t possible, i’m sure its already been a feature request.

thanks!

I think this one will do what you need…
To remove the chord, remove the other notes in the subtracks.

http://www.seankeisman.com/musicgen/musicgen.html

thanks! gonna give it a go.

out of curiosity, would this be a feature that is difficult to implement directly into renoise? it’d be so much easier to make a selection of notes in a column then, randomize ‘selection’. *not that the musicgen looks that difficult/time consuming :slight_smile:

thanks again.

k, a really stupid question…

how do i install musicgen? can’t seem to find an explanation. and i don’t see any vst dll. thanks a bunch!

You just copy the data at the bottom of music gen and paste it into a track in renoise

Bungle

thanks bungle. though i can’t seem to find any exe file, or anything to start a gui. i think i’m :wacko:

nevermind, i didn’t have activeX enabled!! duh :)

this thing rocks!

It would be the most easiest thing if Renoise could be satisfying every musician/producer or live performer in the world but unfortunately, that is a hard target to get done.
It’s like creating some kind of food that every human on earth finds very tasteful which is imho also impossible.

MusicGen has been made by a 3rd party programmer and it shows an excellent use of the open file format Renoise offers so that certain features which are not implemented can be applied by external tools.

I do think a higher level of intergration for third party tools would be agreeable though

Bungle

if you could make digestable cigarettes, that’d be great…i’m really getting sick of smoking…

:P

Check out my Probability Column thread… it discusses a concept I came up with for creating more structured randomness: https://forum.renoise.com/t/probability-column/25311