Recommend me a new DAW

Actually we are not sure if Renoise development is dead, because nothing official has been stated.

Anyway,

In my case, I like Renoise, I use it completely to produce my music and it is the only DAW I use right now.

Given its current set of features, I think I will need a lot of years to learn how to use them all, so, actually it does not matter if the Renoise guys release new stuff or not soon: We can still produce tons of music using what we have right now.

Keep Renoise-ing :slight_smile:

if u heavily depends on modulations(use tons of automations) then Bitwig, otherwise Reaper, Reaper supports ReWrite perfectly so can keep use Renoise beside it, Bitwig hasn’t got it

d-584118b35cf05-reaper.jpg

in Reaper u gonna need Redux as fx unit if u need quick fx parallelization, it’s PITA without it, so if u not want to use Renoise anymore then I would check Bitwig first then Reaper second, otherwise Reaper first

An update has been confirmed so I don’t think it’s dead. Did i miss something?

I never do not understand people who require annual updates. Why you dont want new update for your guitar?

I never do not understand people who require annual updates. Why you dont want new update for your guitar?

it would be sooo nice https://forum.renoise.com/t/advanced-automation-editor/45835currently I really miss this group automation editing, and the Push support and the audio track feature and a … :slight_smile:

See what audiomulch feels like

New developments or not, now I have made the switch… Renoise 4 lyfe!

Oh and cat pics, always the cat pics…

:stuck_out_tongue: Hehe jks.

Well, there is a bug fix version. No need that Taktik to enter the forums to confirm. You can see it here:https://forum.renoise.com/c/help-support-bugs/pending-bug-fixes

Since January 16, 2016:

[fixed] Phrase drag /drop -> Target note idicator wrong  
Started by gentleclockdivider, 21 Nov 2016		
0 replies
[fixed] Phrase drag /drop -> Target note idicator wrong - last post by gentleclockdivider
gentleclockdivider
21 Nov 2016
[fixed] Graphical Tempo automation issue  
Started by Ash, 25 Jan 2016		
5 replies
[fixed] Graphical Tempo automation issue - last post by ilski
ilski
08 Nov 2016
[fixed] Possible hanging MIDI instrument note(Off)s with phrases  
Started by gentleclockdivider, 08 Sep 2016		
5 replies
[fixed] Possible hanging MIDI instrument note(Off)s with phrases - last post by gentleclockdivider
gentleclockdivider
10 Sep 2016
[fixed] Phrases, Ghost Notes and 0Z Command not working as expected  
Started by pat, 01 Sep 2016		
4 replies
[fixed] Phrases, Ghost Notes and 0Z Command not working as expected - last post by pat
pat
01 Sep 2016
[fixed] Tools manifest file, renoise doesn't allow https homepage  
Started by toimp, 07 Aug 2016		
0 replies
[fixed] Tools manifest file, renoise doesn't allow https homepage - last post by toimp
toimp
07 Aug 2016
[fixed] Phrase suppressing following non phrased instrument  
Started by toimp, 28 Jul 2016		
4 replies
[fixed] Phrase suppressing following non phrased instrument - last post by gentleclockdivider
gentleclockdivider
28 Jul 2016
[fixed] Copy-paste track with MIDI cmds misses some delays  
Started by ffx, 18 Jul 2016		
2 replies
[fixed] Copy-paste track with MIDI cmds misses some delays - last post by ffx
ffx
18 Jul 2016
[fixed] Render to sample - sometimes adds a little extra tail  
Started by ToybOx, 10 Jul 2016		
2 replies
[fixed] Render to sample - sometimes adds a little extra tail - last post by ToybOx
ToybOx
10 Jul 2016
You posted in this topic
[fixed] Notes at end of the pattern missing in Matrix with max. zoom  
Started by Raul (ulneiz), 20 Jun 2016 Notes in Matrix Editor and 1 more...		
0 replies
[fixed] Notes at end of the pattern missing in Matrix with max. zoom - last post by Raul (ulneiz)
Raul (ulneiz)
20 Jun 2016
[fixed] Two midi devices get the same midi device name  
Started by Cie, 20 Mar 2016 Midi		
4 replies
[fixed] Two midi devices get the same midi device name - last post by Cie
Cie
03 Jun 2016
[fixed] Minor grammar issue in dialogue  
Started by snatchnuman, 20 May 2016		
0 replies
[fixed] Minor grammar issue in dialogue - last post by snatchnuman
snatchnuman
20 May 2016
[fixed] Midi import: Polyphonic notes placed in wrong column  
Started by ffx, 07 Apr 2016		
2 replies
[fixed] Midi import: Polyphonic notes placed in wrong column - last post by ffx
ffx
07 Apr 2016
[fixed] Phrases triggered with delays are incorrectly autoseeked  
Started by Achenar, 15 Mar 2016		
1 reply
[fixed] Phrases triggered with delays are incorrectly autoseeked - last post by taktik
taktik
16 Mar 2016
[fixed] Mark Whole Track with no Track FX columns  
Started by bbarham, 05 Feb 2016	 	
1 reply
[fixed] Mark Whole Track with no Track FX columns - last post by taktik
taktik
05 Feb 2016
[fixed] Crash with special combination of slice and offset commands  
Started by ronan311, 21 Jan 2016		
5 replies
[fixed] Crash with special combination of slice and offset commands - last post by taktik
taktik
22 Jan 2016
[fixed] OSX: Hotplugging audio interfaces doesn't work (until rest  
Started by todkon, 16 Jan 2016		
3 replies
[fixed] OSX: Hotplugging audio interfaces doesn't work (until rest - last post by todkon
todkon
19 Jan 2016
[fixed] Glide command and volume control problems  
Started by MattD, 18 Jan 2016		
3 replies
[fixed] Glide command and volume control problems - last post by detektiv_plok
detektiv_plok
19 Jan 2016
[fixed] Slice to Phrase: Weird Behaviour With Some Loops  
Started by emre_k, 18 Jan 2016

I include the dates.Yes, they are only a handful of bugs fixed.But they clearly indicate that Renoise is not dead. It is still developing, improving. Supposedly, an error correction version will arrive (Renoise v3.1.1, supposedly). Surely, something else will be included so as not to disappoint, but it will be very little (supposedly).It is assumed that we know the slow development of Renoise. For years. So nothing new.Maybe, within a year we will see a version 3.2 (supposedly), with important additions.

If they find some error or believe that the behavior of Renoise in some subject is not the correct, warn the developer here: https://forum.renoise.com/c/help-support-bugs. As you see, Renoise’s team continues to work, fulfilling the contract with its customers.

Look at the things that have been fixed. Some are not bugs, they are missing behaviors…

For my part, I have tried Ableton and FLStudio. FLStudio seems to very good DAW, it has improved bestiality with version 12 and its continuous corrections…Ableton I do not like, for many reasons.Personally, I would buy a Cubase 8 license, but it is very expensive. Cubase is very well focused to compose soundtracks and big orchestra, which is what I like the most.It is a great alternative, the first, against ProTools.Protools I do not recommend it,It’s for professionals, with the pocket very full.

If you do not want to ruin your licenses, I recommend FLStudio, or Bitwing (still a little green).However, for several reasons, I use Renoise. I think DAW looks better than others that double or triple their price. These are bigger words.Although renoise is a long way from being a perfect DAW, and many things still to be developed, version 3.1 is fine. There is no reason to flake.Unless you do not like to compose using a tracker.

Just a reflection. Renoise 3.1 is the best version of Renoise until now.He has not reached one year of life. Do you want to abandon it already?

I hope it helps!

@Roppenzo , cheer up a little, man! :drummer: :guitar: :clownstep:There is nothing worse than not feeling comfortable with your DAW.Try other DAWs before deciding and learn more about Renoise and their capabilities. It may take a surprise and return to Renoise…

New developments or not, now I have made the switch… Renoise 4 lyfe!

:wink:

https://ardour.org/

It’s cross platform nowadays. Still no decent sequencer though.

I use it to mixdown stuff done in Renoise and to load LV2 effects

Yeah, Bitwig, Reaper are both good daw
but i was also very surprised by Tracktion, it has very fast workflow but not so good midi editor so i’ve tried other DAWs

and

i was very surprised by Mixcraft DAW, it has amazing workflow but not so many functions
it kinda reminds me old logic or Cubase, conservative but very good daw for musicians who wanna play their instruments by their midi keyboard
It has also amazing clip launcher, better than bitwig and reaper doesnt have it.
It is kinda opposite of Renoise and new version will be soon out.

this is daw i would use right now besides Renoise
the second adept is Studio one…

https://ardour.org/

It’s cross platform nowadays. Still no decent sequencer though.

I use it to mixdown stuff done in Renoise and to load LV2 effects

Thank you for this! :slight_smile:

i was very surprised by Mixcraft DAW, it has amazing workflow but not so many functions

Hmm that looks interesting :walkman:thanks for that one!

Sometimes software is pretty much done.

I’d rather the Renoise devs give serious thought before adding features or changing things rather than pushing out gratuitous “updates” just to give some bogus impression of being “fresh”.

Renoise development is dead.

You’re absolutely wrong, but nevertheless we do wish you luck in your search for another host that allows you to get funky.

Making music is the most important thing here, after all.

It doesn’t really matter how you do it, or what tools you use, it’s only important that you do it.

Cheers.

Let’s face it… Renoise development is dead.

So… Do any of you die-hard renoise fans/users had/have great experiences with other daws?

I’ve already tried ableton and fl studio… not my cup of tea…

Still mixin’ stuff with ACID Pro…

Your opinions on Reason, Reaper, Tracktion, Bitwig etc?

the cons and pros? what felt the most like Renoise?

I personally think the greatest combo available today is: Renoise 3.1 as rewire master controlling Reason 9 as rewire slave

This is myprimary setup these days, because it’s so damn convenient to just grab and record everything (notes, midi data, automations, etc) and switch between computers

Everything at the Reason rack is synced between devices, so I can just continue working on my laptop withthe exact same project I just saved at the studio desktop

Reason is also rock solid, never had a crash, just like Renoise. Highly recommended.

Linux user here.

Nothing wrong with using more than one DAW at the same time.

I will often use Qtractor or Ardour simultaneously with Renoise depending on what aspects I use from each. Each has it’s advantages and can compliment each other.

ffs …renoise development is NOT dead …so what if takes more then 2 years for an upadate , it happened before .

Then start moaning …bleh bleh…recommend me a new daw … …because the developers don’t care about my investment …Renoise must be dead …you soft pussy .

Try reaper …they have an update almost every month …unless you start crying on a weekly basis …

Try reaper …they have an update almost every month …

Thanks! will try it :slight_smile: