Want to hear DEVs about this question because yesterday i again realized why i sold my previews Renoise copy -> Renoise’s automation is pain in the a**. I’m talking about automation when you’re mixing and arranging your track. When you creating loops (sketching track) - everything is perfect. But when you need to create exponential curve for automation across 10 (for example) patterns - say goodbye to inspiration. All this tools like “Automasher”, “Autobender” - not a real solution. Yes, i can create curve with it, but what if i need to work fast and want to edit curves by hand? Yes, it’s time for show stopper.
I’m really in love with Renoise but today is 2016 and still nothing about automation improvements. Curves still lock in one pattern And if i need to sacrifice Piano Roll or Audio Tracks for Automation improvements - 1000 YES for this!
I agree 100% with your comment.Before finishing version 3.1, I protest strongly about this topic.The first answer was provided. Use you Automasher or Autobender…But these tools do not really serve.Something as basic as creating a sloping line between two separate points of two distant patterns does not work fine.No function curves made select, copy and paste them easily, or drag.My pisses me off this topic.In addition, it is also arduous having to deal with the introduction of the starting values.As is the tool still looks like a test tube.
I would let developers instead of add things, focus on the automation editor once and for all.Now a new cycle for version 3.2 starts, I guess.If another member on the forum talking about Automasher or Autobender, I’ll shoot. It is as if they did not understand.
In the background it is very basic what is needed:
- Facilitate the creation of linkages between points, addressing the gap between patterns.This works fatal.
- Facilitate the selection of areas, copy and paste and drag and drop areas.
- Even create a preview of banks saved areas.Create multiple curves or slopes of various patterns. Select all patterns and save in a bank.Repeat this 10 times. You will have 10 saved banks. Visualize through a floating window, before applying.
- Include a new .XRNA format, or something,to save curves and a section for loading.
- Easier to include the values of each point.
- Easier to include the initial value of each effect.
- See the values of each point, all points and not only circles.
- A multiplier or divider tool for raising and lowering selected curves. A basic function already exists, but falls short.
- Forgetting native automation curves (I would like to have “Face In” “Face Out” at least…but…).They are a great work for implementation and serve little purpose. The important thing is to strengthen the editor.This is a complicated issue because the curves must conform to each parameter of each effect, and it is a very inefficient work.Keep in mind that the editor is used for hundreds of parameters of each effect.
- And the list goes on…
I used a lot the Automation Editor (v3.1 or 3.01 and previous ), I have studied the keyboard commands in Preferences/Keys/Automationand it is very green.I think the Editor Automation is not used by many people, because it is very basic. But, this issue would be full of protests.
With an advanced automation editor, they could do wonders.You enter the forum of ideas.Most are "stupid"or little things here and there.Most are not some weight, as an Advanced Automation Editor.It is so basic, that saddens me that is not made.It is that this issue is not new. We carry this item years.I also find that there is little connection between the forum members.When someone throws an idea, there is always someone tangling or contradicts it. There is no consensus, and the end is ignored. A good idea should be supported much.And many also are tired of asking for details and be ignored. Something that is normal.You can not implement everything.But this topic yes, of course I do. There is no excuse.
For a comparison. I do not want a “Beta Paint”, I want a “Photoshop v10”.It is exaggerated, but for people to understand. Actually it would not be very complicated. The “beta” already is made, so to speak.I’m sure the developers they know perfectly.