Recommended Freeware Vst-plugins

Kilohearts also give out Snap Heap which you can use with the essentials.

3 Likes

But that seems to be a subscription then :cry: At least if I select paypal. Weird.

I just got a full free license for it without doing any subscription/payment details, just leave it on creditcard, it won’t ask you details as it’s 0 dollars.

1 Like

Not sure if already mentioned, but the recent “Deelay” plugin sounds awesome and is free:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T5LaGCgFwudAFRGwDDYEMJOhqgLDvbnH/view?usp=sharing

Roland have discontinued their Concerto rompler and its sounds packs so they are free to download, I can recommend trying the Orchestral, Sugar and Tera guitar packs.

2 Likes

Novation has just released for free the V-Station and B-Station plugins. So now they are totally free. You only need to download a license file to activate them. The reason is the decatalogation, but they can still be interesting for many people who use Windows, for example.

Novation used to include the licenses for these plugins when a customer purchased a hardware MIDI device. I think you do not need to register or enter any personal data…

5 Likes

Here’s my latest VST plugin i just finished:

It’s an effect VST to boost the low frequency range of all kind of bass sounds, but it also works great on other sound sources like drums and drum loops.

You can download it for free here:

Please note: it’s only compatible to Windows. Available as 32 bit and 64 bit VST2 and 64 bit VST3.

You also can find some more free VST plugins on my site:

2 Likes

“Emergence”

• Up to 600 grains (depending on your CPU).
  • 4 grain generation streams with independent parameters.
  • Modulation system with LFOs, Macros and parameter randomization.
  • High quality grain pitch transposition (+/- 24 semitones).
  • Freeze buffer contents.
  • Built-in help (hover over controls and see text at the bottom).
  • Resizable UI.
  • VST3 and AU format available.
2 Likes

Probably has been said here before. But Surge XT really ticks a lot of boxes for me personally
VITAL is bomb but is sucks up my cpu. Which is why I love trackers. Low cpu.

3 Likes

Same, the only synths I have installed are Vital and Surge XT, one synth for resampling and building Renoise instruments (Vital) and another to use as VST/AU (surge) in songs, Vital is absolutely amazing for this, especially the very precise spectral filters and the fact that you can mix unison with the mono signal. Surge also makes me nostalgic cuz it dates back to the 2000s, I’m sure some trance tracks were made with it.

2 Likes

Hear ya. A lot of my vst instruments are mostly free. Great time to be a music producer. Even old ones like the free HG Fortune and Full Bucket ones still hold up…

I just wanted to highlight, and congratulate, the work of Full Bucket with their plugins, which are the perfect example of 100% Renoise compatible plugins. full bucket music

I am really surprised by the maintenance of these Full Bucket plugins, especially for the graphical interface and its scaling. In addition, they are compatible with the Renoise program listing (allows you to change the program, even via MIDI). Many “modern” plugins don’t allow program switching via Renoise, which is disappointing.

For example, try Whispair VST2 x64, or Tricent VST2 x64. In the plugin window, in the bottom right corner there is a tab that allows you to scale the GUI by dragging with the mouse. All plugins should copy this!

1 Like

Cardinal (VCV Rack as VST/VSTi) now contains the SurgeXT modules, yay.

1 Like

Arturia MS-20 Filter (Free until Jan 2nd, after then it will probably be $99 like their other filter plugins)

5 Likes

Well worth the download.awesome plugin!

Cardinal is not “Freeware” though :wink:

However its competitor BespokeSynth is #FOSS (free as in speech and free as in free beer). I’ve been playing with it a bit this weekend and I like it better than VCV Rack – it has a lot of nice workflow optimizations and integrations with hardware. It’s also more visual than other virtual modular apps – rather than just reproducing the look of a bunch of eurorack modules and wires, it shows you visually how your signal changes as you make your way through the signal chain. To me, this is helpful in getting my bearings in what can be a very abstract way of making music.

https://www.bespokesynth.com

How is that a “competitor”? one is a modular DAW and the other a modular plugin.
I actually often run Cardinal inside BespokeSynth.

It doesn’t make sense to promote Bespoke in this topic, because it’s about plugins and Bespoke is not a plugin.

I was just trolling because the topic says “Freeware”, which is proprietary software that is free/gratis and opensource software is not proprietary.

1 Like

simple filterbank

2 Likes

This freeware room reverb (also CLAP) seems to be quite usable for very short rooms. Though the stereo slider introduces a lot phasing while mono mixdown, but sounds ok if you turn it to 0%. Strangely the reverb then still sounds stereo: