Record Automation From Vst Editor

I like the idea of a learn button.

Unlabelled parameters are a problem as well as plugins that have billions of parameters.

Just commented on a similar thread but I figured it was worth searching the forum for similar requests because these features are pretty common in other sequencers and there was probably a reason it didn’t already exist.

Being able to have the instrument automation plugin learn from a adjusting a parameter within the VSTi GUI would be great. Saves time isolating which value to assign and helps with plugins that don’t have midi learn abilities.

As far as recording, I can understand the confusion of where to record the adjustments and also the impact of monitoring for these. I think a way to do this that would keep everyone happy would be to have options to arm a VSTi for monitoring adjustments within the GUI along with the ability to select which track you would like to record the pattern data or automation timeline. I’m actually not positive if this is a concern because I think for recording to work you would need to have a meta plugin like instrument automation installed to a track to begin with so you could assume that any automation within the GUI would get picked up by the instrument automation plugin that the VST is assigned to so pattern data would get written on that particular track.

You can get around some of these issues with XY controller, using midi learn with the midi control plugin or just using instrument automation and all of those options are valid but it still would be nice to have the ability to start recording from within a VSTi without having to use additional plugins. It probably would require an option to automatically load X numbers of instrument automation’s to cover every single VSTi parameter or at least one that would automatically populate as you adjusted parameters from within the GUI (plugin loads with 0 parameters tied to pattern effects but as you adjust from within the GUI they populate each pattern effect and when 14 are filled a new plugin is added and continues to populate).

Hello

Sorry, don’t want to reopen closed cans, but if there’s a way (a tool maybe ?) to record parameter changes inside the VST Gui in recent Renoise ?

Cheers

Geoffroy

There is a tool here that comes close,maybe it can help you

https://www.renoise.com/tools/automation-single-slider

Thanks ! Will try it !