Recording Duplex Sessions?

So I tried setting up Renoise Rewired through Reaper to record a some stuff with Duplex and my Launchpad. Suffice it to say Reaper hates Duplex when recording. It glitches the hell out of it. The thing is, i’m an amateur jazz bassist and an improviser at heart. Duplex gives me a chance to do this with electronic music in a way I never could before. So I’d like to be able to capture some of what I’ve been doing but it doesn’t seem possible. Is there anyway to do this?

P.S. I’m not sure if this was the right Forum for this, I wasn’t sure whether to post it here or in the tools forum.

I have a copy of Reaper installed - but is it possible for you to describe the setup in more detail - what goes on in Reaper, and how are you using Renoise - the specifics?
There are many possible ways to absolutely kill your CPU, but it’s always good to know a bit more about what is going on before one tries to solve such a problem

This is one tool that gets mentioned here and there (Auto Clone Patterns). Basically, it allows you to jam on top of a looped pattern, or a couple of patterns even.
It’s surprisingly good, IMO

A new version of Duplex was just released.
If Grid Pie was the one causing problems, it might be less of a problem now.

Okay so I’m having a couple of different issues with it. However I’m not sure it’s fixable, and seems like something that it’s sort of inevitable. you know how with a Launchpad with the Duplex the little arrows light up depending on what pattern your in? And you can press the arrows to jump back to specific points in the pattern? Well that tells Reaper to jump the play position to what ever point in the pattern your at. I’ve been able to use this feature to make some really cool sounding drums, it gives the drumming variation and makes it sound like an actual drummer is playing. So I thought it would be cool to capture this outside of just a live session, but I’m not sure it’s possible.

Also, this is a Renoise Reaper specific issue and not with Duplex, but when ever I have a loop playing there’s a noticeable sound every time the pattern Re-loops. I’m not sure why. It’s like a faint white noise. I think I will bring this up in the Reaper Forums as well to see if anyone knows what I’m doing wrong with my setup, because all of this could possible be chalked up to an improper use of sends and receives, because when I tried to set multiple audio outs for Renoise I couldn’t quite figure it out.