Recording very short midi notes

Hey guys!

I am trying to record very short notes with my midi keyboard. Note offs are recorded correctly for longer notes but I can’t record notes that cut before the next 16th note. It sounds correct when I record but not when playing back the recorded notes. Can this be done or is it a limitation of the midi recording in Renoise?

Thanks!

P.S. I’ve been using Renoise for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it!This is my first post in this forum. Cheers!

Increase the LPB?

Increase the LPB?

I guess that is a solution. Thanks! For my current project I manually added cut commands to each note that was too long

enable note delay

Is your midi keyboard properly set up in preferences and midi?

8051 likethis.png

If not properly set up, increasing LPB is likely to do nothing, notice how the A_series keyboard is connected to the instrument

enable note delay

Do you mean the DLY column? It is enabled and is being recorded. Velocities are being recorded in the VOL column

Is your midi keyboard properly set up in preferences and midi?

attachicon.giflikethis.png

If not properly set up, increasing LPB is likely to do nothing, notice how the A_series keyboard is connected to the instrument

Yes, it is set up correctly and I can record stuff. Just not the short notes.

My guess is that renoise just record velocities and delays, and not note cut offs.

Yes , you need to set the note delay for the note -off manually .

If you’re using midi out you can adjust the note length -----> instr.miditab./output device /note length.

Renoise will then automatically send a midi note-off command , altough this is not recorded in the pattern editor