Recording very short midi notes

(realbogart) #1

Hey guys!

I am trying to record very short notes with my midi keyboard. Note offs are recorded correctly for longer notes but I can’t record notes that cut before the next 16th note. It sounds correct when I record but not when playing back the recorded notes. Can this be done or is it a limitation of the midi recording in Renoise?

Thanks!

P.S. I’ve been using Renoise for a couple of months now and I absolutely love it!This is my first post in this forum. Cheers!

(Paul Buck) #2

Increase the LPB?

(realbogart) #3

Increase the LPB?

I guess that is a solution. Thanks! For my current project I manually added cut commands to each note that was too long

(gentleclockdivider) #4

enable note delay

(2 daze j) #5

Is your midi keyboard properly set up in preferences and midi?

8051 likethis.png

If not properly set up, increasing LPB is likely to do nothing, notice how the A_series keyboard is connected to the instrument

(realbogart) #6

enable note delay

Do you mean the DLY column? It is enabled and is being recorded. Velocities are being recorded in the VOL column

(realbogart) #7

Is your midi keyboard properly set up in preferences and midi?

attachicon.giflikethis.png

If not properly set up, increasing LPB is likely to do nothing, notice how the A_series keyboard is connected to the instrument

Yes, it is set up correctly and I can record stuff. Just not the short notes.

My guess is that renoise just record velocities and delays, and not note cut offs.

(gentleclockdivider) #8

Yes , you need to set the note delay for the note -off manually .

If you’re using midi out you can adjust the note length -----> instr.miditab./output device /note length.

Renoise will then automatically send a midi note-off command , altough this is not recorded in the pattern editor