Redux: Feature Request: Round-robin samples

Hi!

I was definitely surprised when I saw that Redux uses .sfz sample format for multisamples.

After it, without waiting, I tried to load Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra .sfz multisample to Redux and it’s succeeded.

I discovered that it’s not supporting round-robin samples yet (different samples for one note playing repeated in round-robin or maybe even some other (random?) order.

It’s really good feature for symphonic, drums and maybe some other libraries where it’s better when different samples are playing for the same note played repeatedly.

Seems this aspect of the sfz is missing when Redux imports the file (an opcode called “seq_position” ?)

But Redux does support this feature, here’s how to enable it:

1. Load your sfz into the instrument

2. Select all samples in the keyzone (CMD/CTRL+A), and choose “cycle” or “random” from the Overlap popup in the lower right corner.

Seems this aspect of the sfz is missing when Redux imports the file (an opcode called “seq_position” ?)

But Redux does support this feature, here’s how to enable it:

1. Load your sfz into the instrument

2. Select all samples in the keyzone (CMD/CTRL+A), and choose “cycle” or “random” from the Overlap popup in the lower right corner.

As I can hear now when I select “Cycle” it’s cycling through round-robin samples (should be enabled by default for such .sfzs?).

Another little disappointment is that it isn’t cycling through the samples in the viewer just below the loaded samples list (I always see -rr1 sample here and a playhead cycling only on the first sample). Should this little window update too when other version of this note is playing? That’s the question :slight_smile: