Redux Filter Automation

So I’m trying to automate the filter cutoff and resonance using the Renoise device commands. I can get that to work. I’ve made them macros as well, macro 6 and 7. Is there anyway to do this in Redux with effect commands or live automation recording while playing with the macros?

not possible , but you can automate the filter envelope offset

As gentleclockdivider pointed out: if the “filter” is actually a modulation device, then it might make more sense to use the Exx command.

E00 will be start and EFF will be end.Whatever is in your modulation chain then decides the result - whether the devices are time based or not…

If you want to control other things, such as an analog filter DSP, thengentleclockdivider is mistaken.

Yes - you can’t automate effect parameters directly, but indirectly it’s possible (via velocity/keytracker devices)

I made a topic dedicated to this trick, which you can check out here.

You could combine this with macros too, if you wanted. For example, by letting the macros control the ()-tracker device which is picking up your pattern commands.

Hope this helps!

As gentleclockdivider pointed out: if the “filter” is actually a modulation device, then it might make more sense to use the Exx command.

E00 will be start and EFF will be end.Whatever is in your modulation chain then decides the result - whether the devices are time based or not…

If you want to control other things, such as an analog filter DSP, thengentleclockdivider is mistaken.

That s what I said , you can’t control dsp blocks directly with effect commands , unless your using the envelope offset to control the filter envelope

Ah, I assumed you didn’t know it was possible at all.

Sorry for being dismissive, we are both trying to offer some help here B)