Redux for mac. Cannot instal

Why am I having such a hard time just extracting the file. Cmon Renoise this should be easy!
The unarchiver won’t do it, so god only knows what will…

what does the error log say?

You need to give a better report on what’s happening when, what & how, like what version Mac OS, 32 or 64 bit Redux version? Where are you extracting to & with what DAW are you trying to open it? Am using windows myself so not familiar with unpacking files on a mac.

The instructions say to double click tar.gz archive. nothing in the download is named that for Mac.
I have also dragged the folder to the correct locations in plug-ins etc. nothing.

I use Logic. I have used the plug in manager to scan but it won’t find it. bizarre

how did you drag folder if there is nothing that name downloaded? i do not understand?

1. first of all, go to backstage
  2. click on the right
    b2
  3. Agree with the licence model
  4. wait until download starts
    b3
  5. Open with the unarchiver - simply double left click works… also there is one more tool that you can see - if unarchiver doesn’t work - but it should definately!
  6. There are unzipped .component and .vst files which you should put into ~/Library/Audio/Plugins/and/so/on
    b7

These do not have to do anything with renoise, it’s your basic computer-using skills… do not blame renoise for this please!
and i’m still not clear whether you downloaded file at all or not because of this:

1 Like

New builds of Mac OS don’t support 32 bit applications , right? Perhaps OP is trying to open up a 32 bit version of Redux?

first of all - if he cannot unzip it, it doesn’t matter which architecture it is.
if he cannot find it - did he even download it?
he must clarify what is the issue here, since it’s unclear…
We could debate forever like this - guessing what is wrong…

1 Like