Redux vs Renoise

Hi!

What exactly is Redux? Is it just a plugin for Renoise? Do I really need it?

Hope for a good answer!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Redux is a plugin that works in any DAW.

Do you need it? Ask a better question :stuck_out_tongue:

I am wondering the same thing If i buy renoise is it handy to buy redux aswell? and what are the advantages?

• Redux is a plugin. You can use it with any host software. (Including Renoise.)
  • The upcoming instrument section of Renoise is NO plugin. It’s gonna be built into Renoise.
    Other than that they have the same functionality.

Does it make sense to use Redux in Renoise, when you already have the very same functionality built in? You decide.

• Redux is a plugin. You can use it with any host software. (Including Renoise.)
  • The upcoming instrument section of Renoise is NO plugin. It’s gonna be built into Renoise.

Does it make sense to use Redux in Renoise, when you already have the very same functionality built in? You decide.

So Redux is the same sampler that in Renoise, right? Sorry if this too nooby question ) I use regular DAWs and when i tried Redux i decide to try Renoise… And now i thinking about by Renoise instead Redux ))

So Redux is the same sampler that in Renoise, right? Sorry if this too nooby question ) I use regular DAWs and when i tried Redux i decide to try Renoise… And now i thinking about by Renoise instead Redux ))

Redux is the sampler from Renoise, put into a VSTi, so you can use it in other DAWs. That’s all. Not more, not less.

And now i thinking about by Renoise instead Redux ))

As a user of multiple DAWs, I would simply get both.

The reason would be integration: you can right-click a track to export phrases from Renoise into a sample instrument, save it. Load it up (using Redux) in that other DAW. Sample something from that other DAW, save as preset. Load preset in Renoise, etc. Juggling back and forth should be easy, due to both programs havingshared resources.

Well, both scenarios have their merits…
If I were in your shoes, I’d think about how easily/well I can or can’t achieve goals with the DAWs I currently use.
Renoise will definitely be a fresh experience, which might be great for creativity. :slight_smile:
But if all is great with your DAW, I’d stick with it and get Redux.

As a user of multiple DAWs, I would simply get both.

Yes, that’s what I did. RRR! (RenoiseReduxReaper) :slight_smile:

Well, both scenarios have their merits…
If I were in your shoes, I’d think about how easily/well I can or can’t achieve goals with the DAWs I currently use.
Renoise will definitely be a fresh experience, which might be great for creativity. :slight_smile:
But if all is great with your DAW, I’d stick with it and get Redux.

Yes, that’s what I did. RRR! (RenoiseReduxReaper) :slight_smile:

That what i feels now - another vision of music creation + really fresh experience. I’m a little bit tired about standard view of midi-clips, midi notes and etc. For sure i can write music with other sequencer (link to my music) but with Renoise i experimenting more. And what i especially like - quality of in-build plugins! So great character of filters, distortions and other stuff \m/

so you are saying that redux will be built into renoise soon? that sounds fun

so you are saying that redux will be built into renoise soon? that sounds fun

It IS in Renoise 3.1 beta… it’s not exactly the same (I don’t think you can do patterns within patterns like you can with redux) but all the sampler functionality is the same.

Nice I’m going to try the demo