Redux?

I think Redux handicaps the Renoise development. Since VST/AU/AAX plugin format whatever will consume lot of time and also advertising a sampler vst. Hope they will soon release Redux and the CONCENTRATE on the important stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

@Jurek: I think it’s safe to assume that making a wrapper, possibly, for renoise internals was the very first thing they did when making redux, and not the other way around.

Hope they will soon release Redux and the CONCENTRATE on the important stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

redux is basically renoises instrument editor, any upgrades in that department is a win win situation, no?

I think at page 5 we can begin acting like arses.

How many here are actually just excited about eventual renoise featuresand not redux?

EDIT: let me increase thearsege by directly asking that if they consider buying redux and not just waiting for 3.1 and/or later to have redux features implemented into renoise directly.

Click to view contents

rewire is not as ugly as it seems, especial if you use scripts for mapping midi ports and audio channels

How many here are actually just excited about eventual renoise featuresand not redux?

You certainly need tunnel-vision glasses in order not to see benefits for both.

For example, when I dive into the list of suggestions, I see that the majority are focusing on instrument-related features.

Some features are clearly dealing with the internal sampler, while others would represent a benefit for both plugins and the sampler.

I personally think that having a healthy mix of both, with some unexpected stuff on top is the way to go.

You certainly need tunnel-vision glasses in order not to see benefits for both.

For example, when I dive into the list of suggestions, I see that the majority are focusing on instrument-related features.

Some features are clearly dealing with the internal sampler, while others would represent a benefit for both plugins and the sampler.

I personally think that having a healthy mix of both, with some unexpected stuff on top is the way to go.

Let’s hope that a lot of those suggestions made it into Redux then :wink:

On my list of suggestions for renoise two main features are audio tracks and midi routing. Have been for 10 years. Not renewing my license again until they happen. Redux do look cool but I dont have any use for it. Already not using a lot of new instrument features that appeared in r3. Dont mean to sound too negative though, I love my renoise, it`s just somewhat agonizing that with each new coming version things are getting more and more complicated without real benefit for my workflow. Not trying to dis the developers- just thought that maybe there is some point in giving my feedback on renoise development. Peace out.

Redux is good for Renoise

Is Redux going to have the ability to run external audio through Renoise effects? Because that would be awesome - I love me some Renoise filters.

@license: most probably not, as in, not realtime, didn’t see a line-in device, you’ll have to load samples, however, once again, why just not use rewire?

Redux came out the 1st of May 2015, it was quite a buzz untill Renoise 4 became the no. 1 DAW in Japan in 2017 spreading to the rest of the world quickly taking over the market completely and bought up by Googlesoft…oh maybe i shouldn’t be spoiling all the fun, sometimes i forget that i’m in the future…

Well, the time/future actually isn’t the problem in this case, I guess. I’m just quite sure you just posted in the wrong universe, with a different reality. :smiley:

@license: most probably not, as in, not realtime, didn’t see a line-in device, you’ll have to load samples, however, once again, why just not use rewire?

I was wondering this after I posted. Would that work? I haven’t tried ReWire in a long time and I thought audio could only go from slave to master, not master->slave->master.

@licence, no that is not possible, however if you’d really like to send slave audio back to the master you could simply use some kind of virtual audio ‘port’ there’s the are 2 free ones from reaper, reastream and (to reaper only) rearoute, I think asio4allhad something similar for 32bit enviroments

Well personally I think Redux will be already too complex for common users/vst customers. The the Renoise team is not so the best to highlight the (hidden) strengths of their products :slight_smile: There are plenty. If they do not simplify the excel look, the normal musicians will be afraid. Like graphical note lengths, automation of ALL track commands, a sample layer etc… The tracker view itself is too 1980. Personally I like the 80s.

Well, the time/future actually isn’t the problem in this case, I guess. I’m just quite sure you just posted in the wrong universe, with a different reality. :smiley:

Of course, i couldn’t have explainesd it any clearer. :badteeth:

@jurek: It’s easy to get many interested,

but it has nothing to do with the unzoomable-text-spreadsheet-only display of note events that we’ve convinced ourselves is superior :c,

Just show them that you can have 12 (release issues aside) samples in monophony andcan put any number of keytracked and velocity tracked filter envelopes on them.

Personally I think it would be cool if redux would act as a demo to renoise in rewire slave mode, you get so much more in renoise itself (tools quite importantly), so why stop at redux.

Click to view contents

I thinkthe rendevsshould just have improved renoise’s rewire capabilities and spent time ‘advertising’ the idea, the real problem with rewire is not the issues when it doesn’t work on someone’s computer, but people’s pathological fear of it :c

Jesus, how long will this take?

Jesus, how long will this take?

I’m not Jesus, but: As long as necessary in order to release a fine product.

Haha ok. Sorry. My impatience, you know…

Haha ok. Sorry. My impatience, you know…

Just pray he’s not Moses.

because pray, and 40 years and promised land being mainly a desert, geddit? :smiley: