Redux?

Yeah it would, but highly doubt it. I know in Renoise if you drag a midi clip into the pattern grid, it just loads it as a full song than instead of loading the midi clip data into a track. I never understood this. I’m prone to think this just might be the case with Redux as well which would be a shame.

While the devs are still firing up Visual Studio, I still hold some hope! So many track clips that are desparate for a short trip to a piano roll and back… and maybe back round again without killing my inspiration!

Sfz support?!??! Count me the F*ck in!

AAX… plz… :[

Redux looks great. Reaction to the YouTube teaser speaks volumes. Thinking there are lot of replays because people are really into this and thoroughly examining the artifact. Release strategy amazing. Way better than anything I was involved with.

I am on record for being one of the naysayers. At this moment, right now, I think I was wrong.

Good luck team.

Hopefully future versions of Renoise will have an Redux inspired gui.

In particular

The phrase editor location next to the keyboard.

wTwBKmf.png

I really like that and that would be super helpful to call the phrase editor up by double clicking a phrase instead of it’s current setup.

Also the visual keyboard. I don’t know what keys are off memory, but this would be helpful to have this included as a great reference.

5a2fPN9.png?1

Then there’s keymap mode… etc…

There are other graphical improvements that could be made without placing too much load on the program (think bitwig or Ableton style) plus what has already been suggested here on these forums but we all know that’s wishful thinking.

Also, I think Redux will be the first software sampler I think that actually samples!!! Super stoked about that. The more I see Redux and how it works, the more I like it.

With all due respect, but my opinion is… Just release the damn thing! Then we can talk about finetuning for the next version etc! :slight_smile:

i just hope they’ll add all the new features, updates and fancy stuff from redux into renoise.

i just hope they’ll add all the new features, updates and fancy stuff from redux into renoise.

I agree. And I think it was mentioned somewhere (don’t remember where exactly) that exactly this is going to happen.

(don’t remember where exactly) that exactly this is going to happen.

That’s normal round these parts, hence threads of folks asking for progress or updates. No one knows when or what’s going to happen. You see it took what… 1.5 years or so when Redux was announced just to get a teaser trailer of what it actually looks like and how in theory it should preform (maybe more than, maybe less than 1.5 years. Research that yourself).

Point is, hopefully some, what may seem like should be standard functionality gets added to this thing, but there is a chance that it won’t. Who knows. We’re not the dev(s). It will be out whenever they get tired of working on it and may give the community a feeding known as a beta test.

Redux just might be a true dream come true for me.

Finally, a proper software sampler, with essential sampler features (recording, editing, resampling). On top of it all, some tracker love with phrases!

Renoise is too much in the tracker paradigm for me nowadays, but other DAWs are too far from it, so maybe Redux is the perfect solution middle way.

As you can see, I have quite big hopes for this. :slight_smile:

Big up Renoise crew anyways, your quality is top notch, no doubt!

Finally, a proper software sampler, with essential sampler features (recording, editing, resampling

Yes, that is what I’m hoping for, too! For me, basic sampler features is what Renoise lacks most at the moment. Really looking forward to the beta!

Could we by any chance get the formula for thefrequency slidersinput in the new filters? So we can have our pitch-consistent filter doofers without using a huge table in the formula device (it takes quite the time to load if you need to toss them around)

Yes, and please some “transpose bands” slider also for eqs :dribble: :blink: So all bands are transposed while taking care of proper transposition. That would like some in-synth-per-voice filter.

But I think for that purpose is this new lookup-table meta device. Hopefully it’s easy to control multiple sliders at once with it, like for the example above. And do proper maths with it.

And a phase slider for LFO :ph34r:EDIT: That would be actually downwards compatible, since the phase slider would be simply at 0 degree then. EDIT: And a saw wave, not just reversed saw, please :dribble:(It’s nasty to make a custom wave just because the default sine has the wrong phase or the default saw is only reversed available. That’s steals 30-60 seconds of life time) EDIT: And spline drawings please! Kind of weird wave curves appear if switching to “curve mode” and then using multiple points. Spline points of some third mode “curved interpolated” or something, so even with multiple points, the curve is always a smooth curve without edges.

I mean… I think only the devs knows how fucking huge this is. If there is ONE thing every other DAW user is envious of trackers it is the ability to handle samples. Now they have it inside their favorite software. I have changed diapers twice looking at the teaser - this is just too good to be true.

I hope you make it silly expensive :slight_smile:

50euro as i know

I like!

The teaser looks indeed very pro and fancy. So congratz on that. Looking at the GUI, you guys built one f*cking impressive spaceship of a plugin. Looking at the modulations, it seems you gave that spaceship engine parts of the first VW Beetle again. Really? If so, I dunno if to laugh, to cry or to facepalm.

Has the redundancy issue (on all levels) been taken care of or is it still the same voice structure as it currently is in Renoise?

hmmm, yes? Seems like no serial/parallel polyphonic filters in modulation? Or can you assign a sample to multiple modulation chains?

Yeah, parallel or even serial per voice filters are essential standards in nearly every sampler or synth.

Looks quite interesting, it’s a Renoise as instrument. I think I’ll grab it as soon as it’s available!