Redux?

Yep, me too … I wonder how soon it’ll drop .

:slight_smile:

Yep, me too … I wonder how soon it’ll drop .

now thinking about this will make us all crazy… lol

been on the forums every day 2 times a day ever since they announced it…

wondering about the same thing

This thing rocks!! Congratulations :yeah: :guitar:

The teaser looks indeed very pro and fancy. So congratz on that. Looking at the GUI, you guys built one f*cking impressive spaceship of a plugin. Looking at the modulations, it seems you gave that spaceship engine parts of the first VW Beetle again. Really? If so, I dunno if to laugh, to cry or to facepalm.

Has the redundancy issue (on all levels) been taken care of or is it still the same voice structure as it currently is in Renoise?

I think it’s pretty save to assume that this has been fixed.

Redundant - also, Dismissed from employment because no longer needed. It’s no longer that big of a deal if every of your 12 samples per key run through the same envelope :stuck_out_tongue:

They did say it has ‘true per-note polyphonic modulation’ :p, I think it’s more of a no, than a yes.

But if your on renoise, just write a script that copies your sample modulation device to other sample modulation sets and keeps it in sync, alternatively wait for 3.8 where you’ll have fancy modulation flow graphs :p.

Don’t expect magic. :c

I think it’s pretty save to assume that this has been fixed.

As save as assuming, after 1,5 more years of development there’d be a half way proper modulation matrix? :unsure: :mellow:

Redundant - also, Dismissed from employment because no longer needed. It’s no longer that big of a deal if every of your 12 samples per key run through the same envelope :stuck_out_tongue:

They did say it has ‘true per-note polyphonic modulation’ :P, I think it’s more of a no, than a yes.

But if your on renoise, just write a script that copies your sample modulation device to other sample modulation sets and keeps it in sync, alternatively wait for 3.8 where you’ll have fancy modulation flow graphs :P.

Don’t expect magic. :c

If “true per-note polyphonic modulation” is really just a name for the redundant modulations and CPU slaughtering sample-layer processings (/filtering) from Renoise, synced modulation sets are gonna be the smallest problem. I actually can’t imagine they kept it that way. But on the other hand… I also could not imagine they’d keep the Renoise modulations.

Anyway, useless to talk about “maybe”-stuff. The beta will show.

If “true per-note polyphonic modulation” is really just a name for the redundant modulations and CPU slaughtering sample-layer processings (/filtering) from Renoise, synced modulation sets are gonna be the smallest problem. I actually can’t imagine they kept it that way. But on the other hand… I also could not imagine they’d keep the Renoise modulations.

Yes, that “old” concept is going to be used in Redux too, but with a few little tweaks and enhancements here and there. So you and Fladd will quite likely be disappointed. Everything has advantages and drawbacks, but in this case we still think that this “redundant” modulation concept is a good compromise in the way we’re hoping that Redux (and Renoise’s sampler) can be used.

Much excite. Many samples. Wow.

Yes, that “old” concept is going to be used in Redux too, but with a few little tweaks and enhancements here and there. So you and Fladd will quite likely be disappointed. Everything has advantages and drawbacks, but in this case we still think that this “redundant” modulation concept is a good compromise in the way we’re hoping that Redux (and Renoise’s sampler) can be used.

@taktik, any chance that you’ll at some point consider making it possible to use VSTs in Redux?

@taktik, any chance that you’ll at some point consider making it possible to use VSTs in Redux?

For now we don’t want to host plugins within the plugin to keep things simple. But if you need to apply plugins to a specific sub channel or sample within Redux, you will be able to route an FX chain from Redux into a dedicated track/bus/channel in the DAW and apply plugins (or the host’s DSPs) there.

I dont think that sampler plugin should host vst plugins because of compatibility of patches. Limitation that can lead to creativity…

@taktik, okay:-)

I dont think that sampler plugin should host vst plugins because of compatibility of patches. Limitation that can lead to creativity…

Well I think it would be a great feature that also could lead to creativity;)

“route an FX chain from Redux into a dedicated track/bus/channel in the DAW and apply plugins (or the host’s DSPs) there.”

That sounds a lot like, more than just 16 channelaudio routing?.. :smiley: might be wrong here…

“Limitation that can lead to creativity”

You should get reaktor :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep. As noted previously, Redux (and Renoise later on too) got new filters everywhere. There’s a new “Analog Filter” device with some juicy ones, and a new “Digital Filter” device with more “technical”, clean sounding ones. “Drive” in the modulation tab is drive/saturation for the new filters.

yes yes yes yes

Super

I’m wondering how Redux will handle saving samples? One of the things I love abour Renoise is that when you save a project, all samples are saved with it and you don’t have to worry about where they are on the HD, what happens if you move the project file, etc

When not in Renoise, I use shortcircuit as a sampler, but it doesn’t save samples with the host project, so I never get that ‘safe’ feeling that all samples have been saevd. I think there are limitations in size for how much data a plugin is allowed to save within a host project, so just curious as to how all this is handled with Redux?

I am actually not that disappointed about that. I am more hoping that some more basic sampler features made it into Redux/Renoise 3.1.

I’m wondering how Redux will handle saving samples? One of the things I love abour Renoise is that when you save a project, all samples are saved with it and you don’t have to worry about where they are on the HD, what happens if you move the project file, etc

When not in Renoise, I use shortcircuit as a sampler, but it doesn’t save samples with the host project, so I never get that ‘safe’ feeling that all samples have been saevd. I think there are limitations in size for how much data a plugin is allowed to save within a host project, so just curious as to how all this is handled with Redux?

I am pretty sure there is an option in SC for this. At least I do have projects (Reaper) where all the SC data has been automatically saved in the host folder in a subfolder called shortcircuit_data or something like that. It could also be a feature of Reaper, though, but I believe it was SC itself.

I am pretty sure there is an option in SC for this. At least I do have projects (Reaper) where all the SC data has been automatically saved in the host folder in a subfolder called shortcircuit_data or something like that. It could also be a feature of Reaper, though, but I believe it was SC itself.

There is an option to do that in reaper, but in my experience it is not reliable. If you have multiple instances of shortcircuit, it just saves everything into the same folder - if you have the same sample name used in different shortcircuit instances, it just overwrites them so any edits you make could be lost, or applied to all instances.

Shortcircuit also has the bad tendency of not being able to find the path to its samples when you open a project. It uses a $relative variable in its sample paths, but this variable is not always set properly when a new host project is opened (seemingly at random). When this happens, you get a dreaded dialog saying that shortcircuit cannot find your samples and prompts you to locate them. If you don’t attempt to save shortcircuit’s samples with your project, and just keep them wherever you loaded them from, I don’t think these problems come up, but this is not good for project portability.

April Fools! There is no Redux after all!

Having a MIDI OUT would be the awesomest

( if it doesn t interfere with functionality at this stage )