Redux?

looks a bit like an ableton color scheme theme that I’m using, dunno who I grabbed it from long time ago;https://www.mediafire.com/?drileibokmrixq2

Would be cool if redux had colourschemes of other daws too, to look nice with.

yeah sure if you don’t want a product for it’s strength then you don’t want the product.

this is like saying “if you don’t want clips and live performance/compositioin features, ableton live is not going to be competitive with cubase”.

if you want to import giant multisamples and are not interested in phrases, then kontakt and sampletank look a lot better than redux, no shit!

Are you for real ?
You said exactly wjat i said but acted all heartbroken because i didn’t say how great Redux was while saying it haha
Well done, fanboy post of the week hah

redux will not compete with big libraries because:

1 no one will bother making a professional sample-based instrument locked to littleold redux

2 a piano sample library doesn’t need sample modulation sets, even less so phrases even less so the ability to apply complexconveniently modulatable effects chains to it

if you want just a sampler, get a free just-a-sampler, it’s not the library that makes redux interesting and it’s not the sampler features of big library samplers that make them appealing

Wow, the fanboy nonsense round here is getting ridiculous over Redux haha
It wont be used for big libraries because it is terrible for big libraries, same as Renoise.
But saying that Kontakt isn’t bought on its features is the biggest steaming pile of you know what, ever typed haha.

Phrases, thats it, be all, end all, if you dont want those then Redux is average at best, but then if you cant see the power of phrases that’s your problem.
Personally i think a phraser plugin MIDI in MIDI out would have been just as powerful.

But hey, can we all stop acting like i have beaten up your granny by pointing out facts lol.

no one will bother making a professional sample-based instrument locked to littleold redux

Yes, sticking a multi-sampled marimba into Redux will be easier than ever before (sfz?), but it’s essentially still a marimba.

Like Bungle points out, in order to unlock the creative potential of Redux, phrases are definitely the way to go.

Which is also why they got pimped somewhat - I read some C.S.I.-like observations on the promo video detailing sample references, loops points and local effect columns. All pointing towards making phrases more useful than now :slight_smile:

@danoise: “locked to” Is the keyword here

Loop points? I didn’t notice any loop point automation. looks again

@bungle: you’re a bung****, have a nice day :Pand farewell

Loop points? I didn’t notice any loop point automation. looks again

Nah, no need to. I meant for pimpin’ the phrase, where a loop makes perfect sense

Because somebody has made a hack tool so you can modulate loop points in pattern
i hoped do much for this native function
but it looks that there is some “problem” in Renoise engine.

On the other hand i see no reason why this tool shouldnt be natively installed with renoise so songs would be fully compatible.

#Musikmesse2015

Because somebody has made a hack tool so you can modulate loop points in pattern
i hoped do much for this native function
but it looks that there is some “problem” in Renoise engine.

On the other hand i see no reason why this tool shouldnt be natively installed with renoise so songs would be fully compatible.

+1! I also hope that this will be natively possible in Renoise at some point. Would be awesome:D

#MissedOpportunities

Now, let’s do a Eurorack version…

Soooooo beta soon? :w00t:

Whatever man. If you don’t need what a product’s core strength is, then use another product. No need to pretend like you’ve figured out some foundational problem with the product because it doesn’t suit your particular use case.

There’s no sampler out there that lets you work in a tracker-like workflow in a regular DAW environment. For people into trackers, that’s a game changer.

Personally, I’m on the fence whether I need redux or not. I’ve also said on record that I’d kind of rather see the development effort go towards renoise itself, so you’re barking up the wrong tree as far as the fanboy stuff. I’m just calling bullshit as I see it.

Are you for real ?
You said exactly wjat i said but acted all heartbroken because i didn’t say how great Redux was while saying it haha
Well done, fanboy post of the week hah

You only need redux if you don’t want to work inside renoise .

I know I don’t need it , the fact that it doesn’t send midi out data is a showstopper , otherwise I would be thrilled to use it in audiomulch etc…

Are you sure Redux doesnt send out midi? :mellow:

I would be fine just with ReWire but Renoise which sends midi out skips first line with every host i use (Reaper or Tracktion).

I would be fine just with ReWire but Renoise which sends midi out skips first line with every host i use (Reaper or Tracktion).

That’s interesting, are you using JACK? I used to have the same problem with renoise and qtractor, and qtractor and hydrogen.

Whatever man. If you don’t need what a product’s core strength is, then use another product. No need to pretend like you’ve figured out some foundational problem with the product because it doesn’t suit your particular use case.

There’s no sampler out there that lets you work in a tracker-like workflow in a regular DAW environment. For people into trackers, that’s a game changer.

Personally, I’m on the fence whether I need redux or not. I’ve also said on record that I’d kind of rather see the development effort go towards renoise itself, so you’re barking up the wrong tree as far as the fanboy stuff. I’m just calling bullshit as I see it.

Do you have a problem with reading ?

I said that Redux is awesome for phrases, and pointed out it wasn’t for big libraries.

You still having a problem with this ?

IT IS AWESOME FOR PHRASES, got that yet ?

IT IS AWESOME FOR PHRASES.

The fanboy nonsense really is getting silly, nobody is disrespecting Renoise or Redux, get over yourself.

Do you have a problem with reading ?

I said that Redux is awesome for phrases, and pointed out it wasn’t for big libraries.

You still having a problem with this ?

IT IS AWESOME FOR PHRASES, got that yet ?

IT IS AWESOME FOR PHRASES.

The fanboy nonsense really is getting silly, nobody is disrespecting Renoise or Redux, get over yourself.

trolling this hard

That’s interesting, are you using JACK? I used to have the same problem with renoise and qtractor, and qtractor and hydrogen.

No, i am using Rewire (Tracktion or Reaper + Renoise) and Asio
but i think that I had the same problem as you when i was using Linux.

“Skips the first line” is well documented as the near impossible to fix issue with PDC, disable it (you’ll have to offset stuffmanually (you can always just check the latency number and just use it directly, without pdc))

Alternatively have a dummy pattern, pre-roll etc.