Render To Sample

Hi

when you hi-light a pattern and right click and choose “render selection to sample” where does the render go? i mean where is it stored on your hard drive. id like to do some further editing of these files in an external wave editor

Cheers

The data is not stored on disk in this case, the data is put directly into a sample-slot in a new instrument and it is called similar to “Rendered Sample” with a sequence number.

You can copy the sample in the sample editor and then paste it in an external sample editor if you like. Or you can manually save the sample to disk and then open it in an external editor.

Thanks. i figured out i can render to disk in the menu and choose to only render selection

Cheers

Thanks. i figured out i can render to disk in the menu and choose to only render selection

Cheers

edit: oops, somebody already replied >_>

This topic answers part 1 of a question I had (where do the samples go after rendering?) but what is the bit- and samplerate of the samples stored in ram after rendering a selection?

samplerate = the samplerate at which your soundcard driver is running in Renoise (see Renoise preferences)

bitrate = 32bit float, as this is the rate at which Renoise works internally, and it is used for every sample used in it, converting anything if needed

Thanks this is what i suspected.