Render to selection , delay time before printdown

This has been an issue for certain vsti’s , when rendering to selection there is a gap of few milliseconds before the actual printdown .
This happens when plugs don’t even have any pdc

2 Likes

Yup, that happens to me also. Can be really annoying, especially if I rendered out a lot of samples that I then need to manually fix.

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s related but Renoise render differently depending on the audio latency

1 Like

can confirm this bug is still happening for me as well

edit: may be related to having effects plugins on one of the instruments. in a fresh project after rebooting with no plugins, it is not an issue. but it’s weird that it would apply latency from a plugin that is not loaded on a track, only in the instrument effects, using a different instrument. tested by unloading all inst FX VST plugins and the latency is gone.

1 Like

This is a known issue also present in Redux. People have talked about it in other topics. There seems to be a slight phase change when printing FX in the sample editor, not only render selection.

It’s like Renoise doesn’t consider the audio latency before rendering the selection. I might be wrong, though.

Since I couldn’t find a good fix, I’m relying on RollingSampler for everything. I just keep it running in the background to sample stuff from my browser, but also to resample patterns inside Renoise. I just hit play and then copy the selection from RollingSampler window and paste into Renoise sampler, very straightforward.

2 Likes