[renoise 1.5 A3 9.aug] Metronome Sound Is Terrible

The metronome is a really nice thing to have - no more time wasted for entering a closed hihat every 4th row for me - but the sound it has is awful (at least to my ears). Could you please replace the current sound with a closed hihat sound? Not only it would sound better than the current click, but also, having more high frequencies, it would be easier to hear - and therefore more useful - when using the metronome for recording in halfway done arrangements. The current sound gets lost too easily.

Do it yourself! :)

Should be no more than replacing that metronome.wav in you RNS-dir…

really? i was thinking about same thing… that metronome sound is kinda weired… :huh:

but if that’s jut about replaceing a wav file in renoise directory then i will certainly give it a try, when ill get home… :rolleyes:

what about a “best metronome WAV” compo? :)

I can change that myself? Sweeet! :w00t:

The option of choosing the metronome sound (perhaps there could be a couple of them in Renoise distro) should be made available in the metronome settings.

The compo idea is good - I mean not with prizes and stuff, but a nice set of good metronome sounds could easily be found.

<_< really important??!! :lol:

it’s more sad that renoise 1.5 works with truetype fonts now (seems like this) and there is no possibility to choose a font that’s available on your os!

Hehe, yeah, I know this is a rather small issue, but still, to a musician, the ability of choosing a metronome sound that fits his/hers taste best can be really important. And if it can be changed already, why not make it more convenient than replacing files in Renoise dir.

tinydogyiff.wav
homerwohoo.wav

:lol:

damn that thing us awfull, a compo should be nice.
I replaced it already with a smooth closed hi-hat
the one I always programmed every 4th line before :D

For a metronome I prefer the good old woodblock hit. :)