Renoise 2.0 Demosong By Xerxes

yoohoo!

i made a short demosong trying out the new awesome timing system in renoise… it is amazing how much control we have now, and how “human” we can make things sound, even if it is stupid techno stuff :)

thanks to it-alien for showing me how to do this stuff!
press here to download

ps. only samples and internal effects. it is in xrns format.

cheers,
klaus

i like where it’s going, you should build up the idea more.

Stupid Techno stuff? :angry:

hehe didnt mean it like that… i like a LOT of techno myself. i just mean - techno is usually very programmed and “dead on”… i like how you can humanize even this kinda stuff with a knife’s precision.

cheers,
klaus

Yeah, well, that is the risk of a multi-style musician…
But if a few nice pads are added the song could be bent a little bit towards trance / ambient.

Nice song btw, didn’t knew you were into this stuff. :)

Keep it up!

hehe, i´m not so into this… i just wanted to test the delay column real quick, and this is all i could come up with. any new EE coming soon? your album really rocks!

.x

Nice small demo, very good use of delay column.

Afaik the new album is finished. I’m not part of EE anymore but I still helped to make this album a bit :) U have no clue about when it’s gonna be released… gotta contact the boys :)

And thanks!

I like that song a lot, but it stops were it should start for me. The end could be a breakdown of some sort, bringing some pads/athmos in and then start further building upon it.

this was great xerxes.

yoho! very glad you lik it… :) but its not really a song, its just a test thingy… showcasing mostly the new delay column, which we all love so much :)

yoho! very glad you lik it… :) but its not really a song, its just a test thingy… showcasing mostly the new delay column, which we all love so much :)

Vengeance sound pack in full effect!

indeed.

Can’t wait to hear this xerxes, probably top notch stuff as always :)

Will give feedback when I’ve heard it.

hihi… it is quite silly really :)
but it does show how one might use the delay column… i think for some of the stuff i am working on now, i use the delay colum obsessivly. brilliant way to give your sounds that human touch.

renoise 2.0 = love of my life. (i hope my gf don’t read these forums…)

Yeah the delay column is rapidly winning me over

I have started tapping a lot of my stuff in straight, now, instead of programming it.

It is really satisfying and my tracks have taken on a much more musical feel.

The delay combined with the quantize is amazingly powerful

I am surprised not more people are raving about it!

i cannot agree more :)

good shit :)