Renoise 2.0 New Features?, Which is the list?

looking forward to checking the beta out,renoise rocks my world :D

What about double clicking and typing 10? Right clicking writes automation in the pattern, so we can not use this for bigger steps here…

I hope for previewing instruments without loading them first. (like in Impulse Tracker, you could play the notes of the instruments without loading it)

Also hope for that you can simply right click pattern editor, choose “Chords” then choose the Chord you want, and Renoise will automatically put the notes into the track you are in.

There are tons of cool stuff that could be implemented.

crossing fingers :w00t:

To insert chords in your Renoise go to:

http://sf.sva.ee

Maybe in this week I will also release a version which lets you do chord progressions and arpeggios realtime in the same page.

The software also has realtime audio built in, it’s not most stable on all browsers.

Also, the program doesn’t work well with IE versions lower than 7.

Well, actually i did not really used many new features and what i used is hard to “hear”

Sssh, it’s the placebo that counts!

In that case I might have been wrong. I guess I am not that smart afterall. :D I also misunderstood your text at ccmixter at first. Well, I had a feeling that Renoise 2.0 has more advanced routing capabilities judging by the description. But I might have been wrong as said. :)

About cowbell again -> we really really need more cowbell:

(there was even an earthquake in cologne)

Argghhh, more vV torture! I demand the beta tonight, so I can play with it this weekend! I’m not even going to add a smiley here!

Wuuuusssaaaaaaa! :P

I can post the XRNS on the net so you can carefully analyze the xml file, but that is all you can do :P

hm, I dunno what could come next. I mean, in 1.9, there were some reaaaal good new things (I love to draw own samples, used to make that on milky tracker :D ), and my only thought is that maybe there will be some kinda live mode (I know there are plenty people who would like to kill me for that sentence ;D)

Hey, we want you to do that!
With a bit of luck, our reverse engineering skillz will reveal valuable information :ph34r:

this night I have managed to hack vV’s PC and finally took a look at his song’s XML data…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>  
<renoisesong doc_version="13"><br>
  <globalsongdata><br>
	<octave>5</octave><br>
	<editstep>1</editstep><br>
	<loopplay>false</loopplay><br>
	<loopcoeff>4</loopcoeff><br>
	<loopstart>0</loopstart><br>
	<shuffleisactive>false</shuffleisactive><br>
	<shuffleamounts><br>
	  <shuffleamount>0</shuffleamount><br>
	</shuffleamounts><br>
	<songname>Sunrise</songname><br>
	<artist>Vincent Voois</artist><br>
	<showsongcommentsafterloading>false</showsongcommentsafterloading><br>
	<showusedautomationsonly>false</showusedautomationsonly><br>
	<sampleoffsetcompatibilitymode>false</sampleoffsetcompatibilitymode><br>
	<pitcheffectscompatibilitymode>false</pitcheffectscompatibilitymode><br>
	<playbackengineversion>4</playbackengineversion><br>
	<renderselectionnamecounter>0</renderselectionnamecounter><br>
	<recordsamplenamecounter>0</recordsamplenamecounter><br>
	<newsamplenamecounter>0</newsamplenamecounter><br>
  </globalsongdata><br>
  <automaticsonggeneratorhashcode> 762g6780h687hg6987hg3986hg239h78h98gh3987gh9387h9873hg928376hg239867gh39867hg936g7h3bp87guhrneiugnrvperughve </automaticsonggeneratorhashcode><br>
  <cowbellfactor>0.0</cowbellfactor><br>
</renoisesong>  

Way to go, IT, you beat me to it!!

Try to reverse engineer this piece of math:

It is the list with changes, additions so far. 40 is the full figure.
Now you can start guessing and making a list of which xx new features are there and which yy features are upgraded. You already heard about three milestones.
The fixes are quite easy to discover → start counting them on the bug forum. So for solving this fix-list you don’t get points.

Damn… you’re shitting me right? … IT had that shit? I soooooooooooo want probability parameters =o

well, aslong as renoise2 will let me make as much oldskool rave and happyhardcore as i like. im happy.

any hints or idea for a date for the beta release??