Renoise 2.0 Public Beta Testing Starts

Create Digital Music has a published a good article about our beloved 2.0:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/09/16/r…dows-mac-linux/

Horray!

Just a few minutes in v2.0 and the improvements are already overwhelming. I can’t say enough about the VST channel output routing. The new VST menu layout, delay compensation and aesthetic improvements are outstanding as well.

Great work Renoise Team!! :panic: :drummer:

I’ll be on the lookout for any bugs.

:yeah:

Really??

What does the new VST Menu look like?
:dribble:

About the new VST routing:

If it is there already, maybe there is a reason to also add such routing menu option for VST FX as well?
Fact is, there are lots of compressors\limiters that support two input channels, one for ‘listen’ and another for main signal.
For instance the absolutely awesome Golden Audio series.

Or am I mising something and there IS already such option? I tried loading a compressor as an ‘instrument alias’, but the menu didn’t show.

I’m so glad Renoise gets more attention from other communities! Way to go!! :yeah:

Those are multiple Inputs while the VST busses in Renoise are designed for output routing.

Nice work team, now all I need to do is find some time to tinker! :D

anybody know where i can find that theme shown in the pics on the CDM site? it’s pretty sleek, i wouldn’t mind changing up from my current one (but right now i’m too lazy to go and edit my own)

Still no Sysex support. I expected that from a “big” update like this… :(

Other then that very nice. :lol:

This was no “Big” update and this was also announced long before 2.0 got released.

Then why is it not 1.9.5?

Why do some always something absurd to complain about ?

I might’ve sounded too negative. Sorry for that. I do love Renoise very much ;)

wow! 2.0… sweet! got to install it soon, i quite fear the “not-too-compatibile-backwards” thingie so i got to wait with it until i finish some of my recent tracks…

shoot the surprise for me: are the EQ frequency-amounts automatizable? :)

btw. respekt to Taktik and his crew! :)

You can keep both versions installed together. 1.9.1 and 2.0. Just don’t overwrite your 1.9.1 songs in 2.0 if you are not sure.

Nopes, only their levels

What about pickwidths? ;)

how can I do this in osx?

or… where to find the thread?

i feel stupid now. i can’t believe i have missed this one for so long. how does that happen, lol?

A shortcuts for nudding the selection up/down would be great.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 9.5, 10 ? ;)