Renoise 2.5 Beta Testing Starts

Nice one vV! It has been a while since I last used talkbox, forgot about its particular sound.

There’s a bunch of vocoders out there that accept midi and are quicker to set up though.

Copy the code into your browser to check all available:

http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=results&st=adv&soft[]=e&type[]=58&f[]=0&f[]=au&f[]=dx&f[]=ladspa&f[]=rtas&f[]=vst&linux=1&osx=1&win=1&free=1&com=1&un=1&sf=0&receptor=&de=0&sort=3&rpp=100  

My favorite is the Akai, DC vocoder. Just add it in the ‘Track dsp’ tab and set it up to accept ‘midi’. Add a ‘fx alias’ device in the ‘instrument settings’ tab (vst instrument properties) and your set!

( ! Though in the 2.5 beta the fx alias doesn’t seem to work ! )

Hey that’s great vV! Thanks for sharing this in video.

Seconded, great video Vv.

PS: Bring back the voice? Silent YouTube videos kind of scare me.

Never argue with an idiot cause he’ll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience

Not B1, B2 it should be fixed again…
Why you think i picked talkbox :P

Sorry, i lack the funny Scottisch accent that makes people keep watching ;)

Use a vocoder dude, I’ll watch ;)

That’s not funny enough…
What is funny is recording complete sentences, play it backwards and then attempt to speak them backward. Once you succeed in doing that, record that and then reverse the sample again…

I can’t take this. I quit tracking. :blink:

I adore signal follower, seriously, I’ve followed every bit of signal at hand! :D
I cherish XY, and that matrix just found its Neo. :dribble:
Plug-in grabber is awesome, I mean veryyyy. All new features are outstanding.

A billion thanks to taktik, kraken, and the rest of the team, and congratz to all. This update is a dream come true, if I’m not dreaming at the moment! :wacko:

Absolutely!

wow vV, thanks for the video tutorial, this is pure math!

wow,…
thanks!

agreed

this would be absolute murder. then the next thing would be to simply implement the Zyklus Midi Performance System into Renoise - and after that the rest is history.

That’s how they created the effect of dream-speech in Twin Peaks.

dude, seriously. get a grip.
every single one of your messages has such a gigantic load of negativity and “and this is why i dont want to do any music, cos i gotta just complain” that it just brings one down. like seriously. its fucked up. do you actually finish any music, or are you just looking for the perfect features - and then you will “start making music” “finally” “because things are perfect”.
i for one welcome the matrix, and am going to be very happy with the forthcoming arranger. didnt you already comprehend that the arranger and the pattern matrix are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS? stop calling useful features shit, and stop being so goddamn negative! shit, i thought i had gripes about renoise, that i complained a lot about ableton live, logic, renoise and any tool of choice, but you, dude… go get a prostitute or something.
your level of frustration makes me sick to my stomach.

Okay, i think we have done enough French bashing for today…
The guy has said sorry in his own way. Time to be wise and cut it.
Let’s do some music making already…

soon, soon :)

At this moment it’s very hard for me. I try to understand how the matrix can be used properly. I need to make a clever midi map for my three controllers. I need to understand the XY device, I’ve discovered automation device, midi control device (yeah the new classification helps a lot, before that I was always blocked on the first ten native effects :( ). I need to understand how hydra device + signal follower + Send device could be the ultimate thing etc… Renoise is know very very deep.
How I can find time to make music? Please help.

Just do what you always do, then step by step explore each new option.
Start with the matrix, try to shuffle around with track contents in the matrix and find out you can easily shift three, four or more tracks from different patterns around at the same time.
These are the things that should give you the idea of what they do and when they get useful.
Then start exploring other stuff. If you work a lot with MIDI and MIDI CC ingeneral, the Midi control device will be next. (though it has been there for quite some years so you have actually missed that power for quite some time then…)

hrm… 01728fe0 24 4c 75 61 3a 20 4c 75 61 20 35 2e 31 2e 34 20 |$Lua: Lua 5.1.4 | shrug dunno if it is used somewhere else ;)

[edit]
seems the new midi control is implemented in lua:
01374170 2d 2d 2d 2d 2d 2d 2d 2d 2d 2d 0a 2d 2d 20 4d 69 |----------.-- Mi|
01374180 64 69 41 63 74 69 6f 6e 73 2e 6c 75 61 0a 0a 20 |diActions.lua… |

now would be interesting where the hook is…

omg! full release by 1/10!??!?!? amazing!!

Ummm, more like X/10, where X is a variable known as “when it’s ready”.