► Renoise 2.6.1 Released (2.6 Bugfix Update)

<3

word B)

Yeah, didn’t copy automatically here either…

Actually, I thought the guy claiming “faster loadtimes” was high on fumes or something, since it did not mention anything about it in the releasenotes. When I am away during the holidays, I have my laptop, trusty tiny Akai LPK25-midi keyboard and a… GASP… external HD where I keep all my music-stuff. This doubles on the home desktop and laptop, while I use eSATA at home, the laptop can only do USB2. This makes the loading of some parts very noticable and starting renoise has taken anywhere from 25s->1min. Now it loads in 5 seconds everytime!

I am also puzzled about the update-methods. Having to dabble around with different dirs is fine for those wanting separate installations of betas / registred / demo, which is to be honest, you guys. I would much appriciate it if I did not have to change everything around everytime renoise (OF WHICH I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!) is blessed with an update. How about a quick patch/diff on these “minor” releases as well as keeping the installations in a “renoise”-folder? I am sure those who want to keep separate releases will easily figure out how to change the installation-folder.

Enough rant, happy new year and thanks again Taktik & the crew!

Different versions are kept separated to warrant you a stabile environment. If for some reason the newer version quircks out for you, you can switch back to the previous version if that version was working optimal. Songs saved in the newer version unfortunately can’t be loaded in the older version, or you would have to patch the song.xml to make the older version believe it is loading a songfile of its supported level. Best option is to duplicate older version songs and work on the copy in the new version.