► Renoise 2.6 Beta Testing Starts

Had to upgrade my license, well worth it. Autoseek + … thanks!

This is fantastic - particularly autoseek! Just that feature alone is worthy of a monetary upgrade.

Scripting looks great. I went through the documentation and found it a little too technical to figure out what exactly can and can’t be done at a glance.

Just a quick question; is there the ability via ‘ReLua’ to trigger a sample from a particular offset? (more accurate than the existing sample offset?)

I don’t think there is currently a way to do what you ask, MickRip

This is great! I bought energy-xt some time agojust because renoise didn’t have autoseek or something like that before.
If renoise have had autoseek that time, i might not have bought it, even tho i have noticed later on that it has it’s advantages too.
From now on i think i won’t need much other software for music than renoise, except vst’s. :P

Scripting is great addition too. I can’t even imagine what extensions this can bring us in the future.
Great work guys, and thanks.

Yesssssss!!! Nicely timed for my 2.5 weeks off - all I’ve got to do now is re-register - honestly thought I had it since 1.8 - my how the versions are flying by! Congrats on another great release, and a big ‘hello’ to Erik! :)

Yeees … this is smooth … B)

I hope someone make a tool like AMS (Alsa Modular Synth) or like Thor (Reason) or native plugs to combine to make these things

Is it possible to create native plugs?

Nice ;)

no…not yet atleast

yep, real lifesaver here, if I would have first begged for a creditcard I wouldn’t be playing with 2.6 :)

Have been playing with the 64 bit linux version, feels snappy even with lots of effect chains!

Also, since all the mda plugins I had were 32 bits, none of them worked now. But they are pretty easy to compile (once you place the proper vst sources folder in the proper place). If any of you want a 64 bit of them, just ask :)

by the way kudo’s for those slick new videos hyping 2.6,

made this screencap in one of 'em, where can I get the drumprocessor script?! :slight_smile:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yeah. And ‘formula device’, you can find presets for this in ‘factory presets’ folder :)

hey yeah! where is the drum processor?? I’ve been looking for it since the beta and all…

guys, you have no idea how awesome this little thing is…

It’s over there - [GitHub - renoise/xrnx: The official Renoise Lua Scripting repository progress__/com.renoise.DrumProcessor.xrnx](GitHub - renoise/xrnx: The official Renoise Lua Scripting repository in progress /com.renoise.DrumProcessor.xrnx)

Yeah lovely stuff :)

that’s one of my tests with the API.

it still need a lot of struggle to make it a REAL usable trigg-o-matic. anyone that wants to help with the development or simply share ideas ?

i’ll package a tool right away so you all can test…

Amazing release!
Scripts
OSC
Autoseek

not a small update to me by any means.

can we expect an OSX 64bit version soon?

I have one idea - add volume slicing (04xy)

Cool!

How would I package it myself through the link Sodiufas posted?

I might have just crapped my pants.

The formula tool needed specific realtime aids that the API cannot properly provide for (hacks required and way too slow) so it got cancelled out pretty quick during the concept phase.
I guess the presets accidentally got into the package but can be ignored.(They have been in there catching dust for ages)

This thread is spamming the renoise facebook group. Please make it stop?