► Renoise 2.7 Beta Announcement

I’m licensed up 'til Renoise 3.5. We’re only at 2.7 and it’s a MONSTER. :panic:

Thank you 10x. This plus my Maschine 1.6 VST - oh man, I’m about to cry.

vV, please don’t get me wrong, i truly appreciate your Renoise tutorial vids, and i watched all of them when i just purchased Renoise. i know you’re Dutch like me, but it always cracks me up hearing you speak English :)

That accents always says “smoke weed” to me.

Sold!

Just downloaded it :D Let’s see what 2.7 brings… Nice :yeah:

hahaha, i suppose that’s a good thing, and i’ll take the hint, celebrating a new Renoise!

My precious :) finally it’s reality!!! and you really resolved the OSC issue quite clever!
I’m proud of this release, and still hope for more involvement in the future.

i supposed this meant that you can now do the ‘square’ cutoff, so to speak (damn i can’t figure out the correct term). so having an automation rise/drop from point A to point B immediately. this is not possible though. also, i do not find this in the What’s New write-up. did you maybe speak too early? (if so, too bad, was really excited about this one!)

How do I enable installed LUA tools ?

You can now put 256 automation points between two lines. Look for the little dropdown with the magnifying glass. Use two points next to each other in that mode and that’s as “square” as reasonably possible iMHO.

They need to be updated to support the new API version number. Will take a few days to catch up. This is a BETA after all.

ah, i understand! its implemented, but not as i expected. does not matter, it works! thanks Conner.

1up! - no sleep tonight.

I find this news rather agreeable.

You can attempt to update the metadata.xml file and update the version number to 2.0. for most tools that won’t do anything with samples and instruments, this will probably work.
For tools like IT-Aliens sampleslicer (Who needs that one anyway with 2.7) and wave generator i don’t think those tools will work fine under Renoise 2.7
Same goes for the drumkit generator and the sample batch properties, these also no longer work in 2.7 without some heavy modifications.

will you loose compatibility in 2.61 with updating the .xml?

With It-Alien’s tool you can create multi sampled instruments which slices can be edited/effected destructively in the sample editor, you can’t do this in 2.7. Also, in It’s tool you slice according to snap settings, this isn’t possible in the new beatslicer. Hope it will be implemented.

Shouldn`t do as 2.7 scripts are stored in a sepatate 2.7 preferences/scripts folder. You would drag the script on to 2.7 to install as normal and then edit the xml in the scripting terminal. (or open and edit the xrnx before you drag onto 2.7)

\o/

just wanted to say, i love the new little keyboard-button in the Instrument Settings, bottom-left of the sample-list. really easy and logical.

Heh, no bug. It’s automatical compensation of the headroom.
My suggestion! :)