► Renoise 2.7 Beta Announcement

The time has come to announce the new beta release of Renoise, which we imaginatively decided to call Version 2.7. Moving away from the developer-heavy focus of 2.6, this one contains a lot more useful improvements and new features for the more musically minded.

Among the new features are a brand new Sample Keyzones editor, for much more advanced sample instrument creation, as well as Slice Markers for individual samples allowing you to automatically split up longer beats, vocals or loops into individual sample slices. We’ve also done a lot of work on the Automation editor, it’s no longer limited to showing just one pattern, and neither is it limited to one automation point per pattern line. There’s two new DSP devices, a Multiband Send and a Comb Filter, alongside loads of improvements throughout the program in areas such as MIDI, audio rendering and the user interface.

Take a look at the Renoise 2.7 What’s New page for a complete rundown.

Download

As per usual, beta versions are available to registered users only. Demo builds will be available shortly before the version goes gold.

The first Renoise 2.7 beta versions can be downloaded from the Renoise Backstage Area.

Buy Renoise for €40

But… If you’re itching to try out the new features and you’re not yet a registered user, there’s no need to despair. During the beta phase, you have the opportunity to buy a Renoise license for the discounted price of 40 euros (or 32 euros if renewing your license). You can do that here.

Renoise Team Changes

The Renoise team grows again! Kieran, known as dblue on these forums, and creator of the mighty Glitch, will be joining the team as a developer. Big welcome to Kieran!

Beta Forums

All help is much appreciated and everyone is welcome to post bug reports or general feedback in the beta forum. Anything you don’t like, or think could be done differently to make Renoise better? There will plenty of finetuning and polish during this beta phase, and your input is highly valued!

To take part, go to the special 2.7 beta forum located here:

http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?/forum/57-renoise-27-beta-testing/

Thanks for your support!

Erik on behalf of the Renoise team

Page not found :(

It’s:

YEAHAHAHHAHA!!!

WOW!! Really wasn’t expecting something like this so soon. Some wonderful feature announcements in there too! And massive congratulations to dBlue! Good to hear you’re getting more deeply involved, I am positive it can only bring good :D

Great work! Is the best!

:yeah:

Oh… my… fucking… god! One of the best Renoise updates thus far!!! :yeah:

WOW!!!

So much good stuff in this update i’ve been waiting for since a long time. can’t wait to get my hands on it.

i repeat: WOW!!!

Dev folks you rock!

So much neat stuff! Now to find the time to tinker around some :)

Thank you! Didn’t expect this so soon! Great work :)

im happy!

ACE ACE ACE ACE ACE

Yay! Love u guys! Can’t wait to get home and start tinkering! My mind is already swimming with the possibilities!!! :)

Amazing :ph34r:

lol )) after render

where’s the 2.7 bug list forum ( unable to quantize a selection in automation )

really cool stuff, will try it out tonight!

also, fantastic to see dblue joining the dev-team. i’m sure the inspirational work he has shown on the forums (and with the infamous Glitch VST) will be a great addition to the team, and promises a lot for the future. congratulations!