Renoise 2.8.2 - All of a sudden: Undo option broken

Hello!

For some very strange reason the undo feature in my Renoise 2.8.2 installation stopped working for me today. It’s not just the sample area (where you have a tickbox for undo) but everything I do in Renoise, when highlighting the undo option in the menu it simply isn’t active and just reads “Can’t Undo”. I checked that there is enough space on my HDD and I also tried a complete reinstall of Renoise and nothing changed.

??? I’m confused. I never had this happen before. What can it be?
Renoise 2.8.2 x64, Win7 Ultimate x64 - Intel i5 / 4GB Ram

EDIT: It seems to be happening with just the current .xrns file I am working on. (Undo works for other songs still) I can save and load it, but Undo does not work and Renoise crashes when I close the program while the song is loaded. Saving to a new .xrns file does not fix it.

SunSpire

Ok, I found the culprit! It’s the VST plugin “Alionoctis” (32-bit) which is causing the issue. As soon as I add it to the instrument tab, the undo function in Renoise breaks. Curious huh?

And … this only happens in the 64-bit version of Renoise! Even v3!

As soon as I add it to the instrument tab, the undo function in Renoise breaks. Curious huh?

:blink:

I experienced similar in renoise 3.1 64 bit. On some projects, suddenly undo is gone, in general.

Maybe it’s related to Renoise plugin bridge?

I’m having the same problem, with Surge plugin/Renoise 3.3.1