Renoise 3.1 GUI & Color Theme mixup/changes?

Probably bugs but probably not really, still worth looking into imo.

Theme Color Problems

I noticed that the “Body Back” + “Main Font” colors seem to be mixed together and affect some elements of the GUI.

S33jKVe.png

This element mixes both the “Body Back” and the “Main Font” colors.

If you turn “Main Font” color to Black, the real color “Body Back” appears beneath it on this element.

Somehow the “Main Font” color got applied on top of the “Body Back” color to produce a bright gray (not the desired effect of my theme).

To test this, just turn “Main Font” to black and them manipulate the “Body Back” color and you’ll see it changing.

Other areas such as the Instrument selection got different colors applied to them as well.

fckoUiZ.png <---- Old Colors (as i Picked them).

etrON7h.png <---- New Colors (randomly applied).

I Recognize some of the Theme colors got removed? (for god knows what reason, less options is more options?)

GUI Changes for DSP Panel.

This one is rather important as Selected DSP effects used to turn darker, clearly indicating which one was selected.

5S8LjiI.gif

The new version simply shows small, barely visible brackets on the corners.

Is this by design? if so, is there a chance for me to make the brackets brights as F when i select a DSP?

88RFHhF.gif

I dont know what to think about this one… Just why?

Better for people with 4k monitors? or “easier on the eyes survey”?

Bonus : If it aint broke, break it™ - ®©Renoise Team

ZEBNzND.gif

I decided to just include these ones as the other changes are pretty damn nice. Good job guys!

Yes, i understand this is pretty autistic but god damn literally my life = renoise. Bread n butter for the kids.

“Bonus: If it aint broke, break it™ - ®©Renoise™ Team”

C’mon, this is just ridiculous.

You can still use the old ringmod device. Have a lot at internal dsp menu tool. Regarding the size of the peak indicators, I would agree. The larger the better. But I guess, its because the scale of the slider is now different and the indicator previously wasn’t used completely?

Regarding highlighting, I would agree - I cannot find any color in the theme to make those edges better visible… Which one is it?

To be honest I was pretty bummed with the ringmod change. I figured out that you can go into 3.0 and favorite the ringmod device to make the old version reappear in 3.1. You might have to reinstall in order to get it to copy over the changes though. Only a temporary fix, but it works.

Please change the color for selected FX in DSP panel, after hours of work on the new renoise, i could say that’s really something that slowdown my workflow… I’m at 1 meter or even more from my screen, it’s nearly impossible to see witch FX is selected.

Please change the color for selected FX in DSP panel, after hours of work on the new renoise, i could say that’s really something that slowdown my workflow… I’m at 1 meter or even more from my screen, it’s nearly impossible to see witch FX is selected.

This is pretty obviously a bug. Those corners should be the same colour as for instance the corners of selected tracks, or even FX in the instrument FX chains. In the default theme (family values) this would be orange. Track FX selection is a dark grey in this theme, though, which is why I believe it is simply a bug (one that gets fixed for the final release hopefully, though!).

This is pretty obviously a bug. Those corners should be the same colour as for instance the corners of selected tracks, or even FX in the instrument FX chains. In the default theme (family values) this would be orange. Track FX selection is a dark grey in this theme, though, which is why I believe it is simply a bug (one that gets fixed for the final release hopefully, though!).

It’s highlighted when it has keyboard focus, else using the darker, more dimmed theme color. Should work like everywhere else in Renoise, really.

Could you give us a few more hints why this slows down your workflow? When the chain of devices is not keyboard focused, then seeing which device is selected should not really be an important information. When you set the keyboard focus to the device chain it will get a bright highlight color, so the “corners” should be clearly visible too. Maybe you are using a theme which does not use a proper highlight color?

I dont know what to think about this one… Just why?
Better for people with 4k monitors? or “easier on the eyes survey”?

It’s the “fix” for https://forum.renoise.com/t/mixer-metering-issue/44358

It’s highlighted when it has keyboard focus, else using the darker, more dimmed theme color. Should work like everywhere else in Renoise, really.Could you give us a few more hints why this slows down your workflow? When the chain of devices is not keyboard focused, then seeing which device is selected should not really be an important information. When you set the keyboard focus to the device chain it will get a bright highlight color, so the “corners” should be clearly visible too. Maybe you are using a theme which does not use a proper highlight color?

Taktik, I think the workflow issue here is that the FX chain of a track is a typical area that most people use with the mouse only/mainly, and hence never/rarely put keyboard focus there. As a consequence, the only selected indicator they see is the dark grey one, which is rather difficult to see.
I for myself, for instance, didn’t even realize that there are two different selected indicators, depending on keyboard focus :slight_smile:

Exactly, i navigate between FX device with my MIDI keyboard and never use the focus on them. I could keep focus on pattern editor (or elsewhere) and control FX device (like a second focus channel ^^)

Exactly, i navigate between FX device with my MIDI keyboard and never use the focus on them. I could keep focus on pattern editor (or elsewhere) and control FX device (like a second focus channel ^^)

Alright. Makes sense. Made the selection “corners” a bit more visible now in RC2.