Renoise 3.2.1 Maximized Window Cut Off

Description:

Maximizing the Renoise 3.2.1 window causes the right part of the screen to be cut off. I can solve this by not having my taskbar on the right side of the screen, but 3.2.0 did not have this problem.

Steps to reproduce:

Set up: two screens (laptop and external screen, both 1080p screens, laptop on the left at 125% stretch in Windows 10, external monitor on right at 100% stretch) and have the taskbar on the right side of the external monitor.

1. Open Renoise
  2. Move to external right monitor
  3. Maximize window

Expected results:

Window maximizes with nothing cut off.

Actual results:

Part of the window is cut off. Left side of this image, is what it looks like maximized on my right external monitor and right side is non-maximized on the same monitor.

renoise_321_size_problem

Workarounds found (that I would prefer not to do):

1. Use on my smaller laptop screen with no issue
  2. Move the taskbar from the side to the bottom or top of the screen
  3. Change the stretch on my laptop screen to 100% (and still have Renoise on my external monitor), but it’s a much smaller physical screen.
  4. Use Renoise 3.2.0

Made a mistake with my workarounds

Move the taskbar from the side to the bottom or top of the screen

Move the taskbar OFF the secondary monitor.

If I set my external monitor to “main display” and set it to 125% and set my laptop screen to 100% and then move the taskbar to the laptop’s screen, I get the same issue (just on the laptop’s screen this time) where the window is cut off. And, the cut off portion is not being displayed on the external monitor.

Change the stretch on my laptop screen to 100% (and still have Renoise on my external monitor), but it’s a much smaller physical screen.

Have both monitors have the same stretch settings works. Both at 100% or both at 125% works. Or, more specifically, have them match, or, make sure the main display is always the smaller stretch amount. If I make my external monitor the “main display,” and have the same 125% on the laptop and 100% on the external monitor, the maximized Renoise window works totally fine on both screens.

Hello there,
I got a new 27" monitor with 2560x1440 today and I can somehow confirm the problem.

Setup is:
Main monitor is a 24" 1920x1200 with 100% scaling.
Secondary monitor is new 27" 2560x1440 with 100% scaling.
When I start Renoise 3.2.2, move the window to the secondary monitor and maximize the window, the right monitor boundary is not obeyed.
Main monitor is to the left and secondary to the right.

Small update:
when I set the 2560x1440 monitor as main monitor in Windows 10 the problem is gone.
Maximizing the Renoise window on both monitors is then done correctly.

im having a similar experience with the right edge of the window not showing during fullscreen maximization and normal window maximization. im using a 2560x1440 monitor, but it happens under different conditions for different screen orientations:
landscape, at 225% scaling and above
portrait, at 150% scaling and above

i initially thought it may have been related to the minimum width of the window, but then i realized i usually use 175% scaling. for me, it happens regardless of which monitor is the main display (windows 10).

I posted here about troubles with the bottom edge being cut off at 1080p when going over 150% scaling too.

1 Like

The problem is still there in 3.3.2.
If I set the bigger monitor to 2560x1080 the problem is gone, but with 2560x1440 the right edge of the window is waaaaaay off to the right.

grafik