► Renoise 3.2 & Redux 1.1 released

As far as i understood from release notes it’s precisely what’s not possible, otherwise i wouldn’t mention it :wink:

Would be cool to have ability to have just pixel-doubling blurred, yet normal sized.

Sure perfect scenario is having modern VSTs with scaling, but there are a lot of old / experimental or even abandoned ones which will never get that love again )

P.S. I’m speaking of Linux though

In Windows, it will take the scale of the Windows configuration, not Renoise. On Linux, it may work differently. I do not know.

In the case of Windows 10, for example, if the plugin has “auto-sscale external editor” enabled, if Renoise has the scaling at 200% and Windows is at 125%, the plugin window will take the scaling of 125%.

It will look blurry, but it will be a larger size. Seeing blurry is annoying. I would not recommend it. Better to see it small but sharp. It is my opinion.

2 Likes

Is it possible to make & compile for OS X 10.8.5 ?

Still use it on my book. One reason is for programming purposes. 10.9 seems be in “classic” line but design goes to be flat, also was criticized for color “tags” instead labels, so no reason to upgrade to 10.9 but more reasonable to install 10.13 or 10.14, but they have significant programming deprecations and removals, and probably performance issues on not very fast machines, also they have modern flat design that I personally not very like.

IMHO “Menlo Regular” looks slightly better than DejaVuSansMono as pattern font, and seems to be free, too. Also the zero really looks Danish, which is nice.

Here are 3 low contrast themes which work nicely on my 4k monitor:
amegas 4k.xrnc
amegas 4k bright.xrnc
simply focus 4k.xrnc
amigaos3 4k.xrnc

Great news! Thank you!

A post was split to a new topic: Some small Linux installer issues, icon cosmetics and comments about the new pattern font

@taktik Are there plans to notarize future Mac releases for Catalina compatibility?

Wonderful news! Looking forward to running the new version. Kudos to the devs and community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers.

1 Like

Bloody fantastic! Thank you.

Dutch kids learn German in school.

@taktik: Great release, now hope for VST3 support soonish.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks! A step into the right direction :3

Its crazy that you can combine sample pattern effects with the new time stretching. Love this feature alot.

2 Likes

Uhm, do you guys not do this as a day job? If not, that’s just incredible that you even find the time to do anything at all. :smile:

First of all, thanks heaps - I don’t wanna miss all these hours i spent with this gem of a software.

Right now I stay with 3.1 acutally, since the external window closes every time I use the F commands to navigate. Did I oversee something? Didn’t find anything on the forum about this…

1 Like

If you refer to the F1 to F8 keys, these keys are linked to buttons 1 to 8 in the upper right corner of the main Renoise window.

These buttons 1 to 8, work in two ways:

1. Left click, invokes saved settings of windows and frames.
  2. Right click, save the current windows and frame settings.

Then, make sure before saving correctly (with right click) your desired configuration. After doing that, use your F1 to F8 keys. You will see the windows correctly in their position and size.

It is very sad that you do not use version 3.2 for this reason. If you have any questions about something in particular, try reading the instruction manual. Sometimes you can find the solution directly.

Introduction To Renoise - Renoise User Manual (in GUI presets). Certainly in the user manual it is not very well explained (right click / left click).

Perhaps there may be problems with saving windows in some particular case. Have you tried all this thoroughly? You may have found a bug that should be reported to @taktik.

These presets should save exactly the status of all windows, (position and size), regardless of the resolution of the image monitors used.

2 Likes

Late to the party. Thanks Team Renoise.

1 Like

Better late than never:)

Thank you very much for the update, especially the HIDPI support is the most important change for me making Renoise so much more usable in my UHD laptop!

1 Like

Hey, i’m late to the party. :open_mouth:
Thanks Taktik and rest of team!

1 Like

Hey, I am late to the party too! @taktik and team. you rock!!!

1 Like

Nice!

I just noticed for the first time, that you can decrease fontsize and spacing of pattern editor. :yeah:
Nice for us LoDPI cavemen on small laptop.

2 Likes