► Renoise 3.4.0 & Redux 1.3.0 released

Iv just deleted it a long time ago. If i need to install a plugin - i install it. Already installed the plugin? > Waves Central Deleted.

So you said (excuse for my english), that with the VST3 waves plugin, you doesn’t have the problem of the GUI flipped in renoise 3.4 ?

yes. with vst2 i have flipped (in most plugins, few of them are ok), with vst3 all are not flipped [Edit: versions 13.0.0.129]

Ok thank you !

Thank you very much for this new update! Especially the resolution of bugs and the addition of some highly demanded options.
On the other hand, I want the API to continue to improve so that developers have more options to draw and move things more easily. It is highly proven that the Lua tools are an excellent expansion within the Renoise world, and that it should continue to evolve.

Much encouragement!

5 Likes

Oh my Lord, TakTik!

I’ve accidentally went to Renoise search (to see what’s new in Google listing, going to News tab) and found on Wiki - that there is “Stable release: 3.4.1 / March 26, 2022; 0 days ago” (0 days ago!) :)) I was more than happy to download it and try :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You made my day (after all insanity about Covid, Deaths, Russian nuclear threats and all sickness / suffering all over the globe… This was perfect news and - thank you for The Happiness :slight_smile:

In short - I am stuck on the last working version due to my old VST instruments (thanks to Renoise v3.1.1) and its latest x32 support (even I am on Win 10 pro x64 for more than 3 years), because my most important (and now defunct) VST instruments are important to me to work.

Any latest versions do not support more than 50% of my old VSTs and, based on the fact I’ve composed more than 400 music / songs with Renoise (for me, my videos or other clients) - it will be pretty hard to abandon 50% non working VST instruments and move on with x64 only (and then VST3 in future)…

Anyway - I am going to install and test latest V3.4.1 :slight_smile: and see if there is a short way to use only new VST instruments. Also ReDux is insane how amazing your program is! But I still do not have much free time to play with it more :slight_smile: Will do soon, I hope :slight_smile:

Long Live TakTik and stay safe! :smiley:

1 Like

Great news! Thanks Renoise team!

Use Audiogridder for your x32 stuff.

1 Like

Silly question of the day before embarking on getting new hardware up and running: does Renoise work with Windows 11 without problems? Can’t believe Reaktor from NI isn’t yet compatible.

1 Like

Without problems on win 11 and linux

2 Likes

Renoise and Reaktor both work fine on Windows 11.

If anyone is having the weird “sidechain switching on and off problem” please see this thread.
The workaround is to create a “continuously triggered” silent sample that’s sidechained to whatever DSP you’re trying to use.

New to Renoise, but bought a license today after testing the demo on a pi 400 for a few days. Thank you for this amazing piece of software, my studio has never been better

12 Likes

Thanks for this, it seems to help with toimp’s pianoroll with his compatability mode!

1 Like

PodFarm2 (line6) plugins won’t work with the latest release :confused:
At least on Mojave. Anyone else with this issue?

I’m probably not the only one like this but I can say for sure that if Redux could send MIDI out I would buy it and haven’t because it can’t. Revisit Pro doesn’t work in Bitwig so Redux with MIDI out would be the only way to get a tracker in Bitwig.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Windows: bx_limiter (Brainworks) VST is falsely detected as mono plugin (with one side-chain input)

Thanks for the updates! But I must ask… when are we going to get midi out in Redux?

I know right, but I do wonder if there is a concern it would hurt Renoise sales as it effectively lets you port Renoise anywhere else. I don’t know.

Thank you so much for adding support for the default sink audio source on linux systems using pulse. Now I don’t have to mess around with Jack anymore to get Renoise to play nice with my system.

2 Likes