⮚ Renoise 3.4.3 and Redux 1.3.3 released (was beta, now is stable)

OMG OMG OMG!!! Great to hear from Taktik and great to know that we are being heard. This is awesome

4 Likes

Thanks heaps for the update! I’ve had some ongoing issues with plugin interfaces - some listed on the changelog - really appreciate these being addressed! Long live Renoise!

1 Like

Anything new on the u-he synths bug where the multicore setting is not saved and will reset to the original position each time the project is loaded? Reported at least three years ago

Could you give us a few more hints/details on that?

There’s a multicore button on u-he synths like diva and repro, when you press it, the cpu load is way lower, but it is not saved in renoise (on presonus studio one 5 it saves and you would expect) , so each time you open the project, the button is unpressed and you have to go through all instances of u-he synths to enable it

If that’s true, then it’s more or less random if this option gets applied or not. This then should be fixed by UHe.

Based on my testing before this is still exactly the problem. It is a very shoddy choice on U-he’s part to try to rely on non-standardized implementation specific behavior like that, assuming that preset data is loaded immediately after the plugin has been initialized by the host. My assumption is that Renoise instead loads and initializes all plugins in bulk first (which can take quite a while), and then afterwards applies all patches in bulk, meaning that the duration between initialization and patch loading is often much more than one second with any non-trivial project.

Assuming this is the case, the only fix on Renoise’s side would be to overhaul the project loading behavior and instead presumably do what other hosts do. But it’s kind of a silly thing to ask because U-he definitely shouldn’t rely on the internal architecture of the host to have correct behavior. Unfortunately we’ll probably have hard time convincing them to find some other way or to make an exception for Renoise… :confused:

1 Like

Nice!!!

cannot reproduce it on mac though

Oh ok, I’ll bug u-he about it, I hope they do something about it, it’s super annoying especially if you have a heavy project and you get a dropout.

Other thing, is there a specific reason why an effect container can’t be dropped on a track until a plugin has fully loaded? When you try to add any heavier plugin, you will have to dangle the effect over the track for several seconds until it has completed loading, and only then you can let go of the mouse. Also double clicking to add a plugin often does not work with heavier plugins. It feels like if you could drop the effect container separately from the actual loading, it would be a much smoother experience. You could drag the effects on the track much faster, especially when adding several.

From what testing I have managed to do with Redux in Bitwig. 1.3.3 seems to be working as expected now. Thanks for your efforts.

Thank you a lot! Installed, but (for my reason) I am still on Renoise 3.1.1 (x64) as it fully works with my old 32/64bit vsts from 2000’s. Only if all old vsts working in Renoise 3.1.1 would keep working in any newer Renoise - I would be jumping ahead. But most of my VSTs are old and would require lots of free time (I currently don’t have) to switch to newer VSTs…

I’ll let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

I don’t see why the these old vst’s wouldn’t work in a new version of Renoise. It has a 32bit bridge and runs vst2. But maybe that’s something to discuss in a different thread.

Oh? I thought that 32bit was removed completely, but maybe that is only the case for macos.

My bad then, I thought it was still there. Sorry if I caused confusion.

x86 32 and 64 bit vst plugins work in Renoise and Windows 10.
For example, here is one from 2003:

And here is an effect from 1998 in VST version 1:

Ymmv

4 Likes

Well then, sorry for the confusion from my side. I guess it is really macOS only, but i am not sure anymore… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Any issues so far? Personally, been hesitant to upgrade to not break any of my current projects lol

For what it’s worth, though I haven’t tried this version yet. But in the 7 years I’ve been using Renoise (since v3.1) I’ve never had any compatibility issues with older projects.

Hi! I testet with manjaro-linux KDE

all VST3-Plugins that were previously a mess on Screen are fixed for me now
thank you a lot for this update.

1 Like