⮚ Renoise 3.4.3 and Redux 1.3.3 released (was beta, now is stable)

Thanks for checking! Good to hear that this does not seem to be a common problem.

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look at this. If there are also problems in VST3 the matter changes. I’m not sure if in VST3 dropdowns fail as well, so I suggest check it out.

We are supposed to use sandboxes because it allows Renoise to be more stable, if there is a problem with any plugin. But in this case it seems contradictory because when using the sandboxes thinking that it is more secure, it is in this environment when the plugin is more unstable due to the dropdown lists (in the case of Arturia plugins).

I know that Renoise + Windows 10/11 have “something special” about dropdown lists and window views. It’s kind of a touchy subject.

Yes same is happening with VST3 so don’t use Arturia plugins with the Sandbox feature on.

I don’t think we are supposed to use the Sandbox feature unless there’s an issue else I imagine it would be set by default, also Renoise got a bit sluggish when I had it on for a short period so I’d definitely have it off if possible.

The beta has now been released as a final/stable update in the Renoise Backstage. The Demo versions of Renoise and Redux have also been updated.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

If you’ve already downloaded the beta, you don’t need to download Renoise or Redux from the Backstage again. The final builds are identical to the beta builds.

10 Likes

Thank you so much for update!

thank you for the update! really nice to see small but irritating bugs i’ve encountered being addressed.

a bit sad that this is not fixed:

I assume it appears solved because it worked temporarily for the original poster but the issue still happens for windows users with multiple keyboard layouts, unfortunately.

thanks for all of your work taktik, i hope this one won’t escape you next time

1 Like

Swish, will test the VST UI issues I had, cheers.

Sick, now the AIR Hybrid VST UI works normally again and the HW EW play VST does too after it suddenly started crashing last week.

Thank you!

Great work as always! Not really sure if this has anything to do with any of the changes made under the hood, but some of my plugins (primarily VST2, but some VST3), particularly those from what seem to be more niche developers, had always been somewhat sluggish opening their GUIs the first time in Renoise (regardless of settings in Renoise/Windows), but now initialize very quickly.

Always love to see a new Beta come out and all of the testing/support that springs into action.

Has the scanning for plugins been changed at all? Now that I installed the latest version there’s some weird behavior which Renoise hasn’t done before, it has crashed a few times when scanning for plugins (the whole program, once the screen went gray and waiting for it to recover never happened, and once it got stuck on a plugin forever with continous 75% cpu usage)

In addition to Renoise crashing at scan, some plugins which have never crashed crash at scanning, and when that happens, it sort of skips all the rest (or something) since there are plugins missing (they are not in the failed vst’s .db) which it might find on another scan. The previous version was rock solid.

Can you some one help me with how to run SysEx Librarian tool under new 3.4.3 ver of Renoise.
Can you make as integral part of program like was in Amiga and PC version of Octamed ? I really need tool SysEx editor build in the Renoise

In Redux the tooltips do not work for me on Ventura (Mac M1 native) in Logic Pro.

Also, it won’t load the GUI and has some incompatibility that causes the host to close the plugin anytime a menu is opened (which is on startup in Logic Pro)

If I trick it into loading the GUI by loading a preset, then it displays without borders or the usual Logic Pro header/footer on plugin GUIs and can’t be interacted with.

A post was split to a new topic: macOS: Redux window resizing quirks in Logic

Can we get an Ableton Link fix soon so play/stop syncs?

Reason Studios have discontinued ReWire and from now on Ableton Link with play/stop sync is going to have to be used instead. Without the transport sync it can’t replace ReWire yet.

The newest versions of Reason, Ableton, FL Studio, and Studio One have removed ReWire support and Ableton Link with play/stop sync will have to replace it.

I have never used Rewire and have little knowledge about the matter but isn’t there a way to still use Rewire?

In Live 11 if you edit the configuration file. Personally I used it with Studio One which got rid of it in the new version.

A post was split to a new topic: Problems with DSP56300 Osirus VST3 plugins (and others)

Regarding the following issue, I have confirmed that it has been fixed in V3.4.3. Thanks!

We’ll only get bugfixes in future updates?