Renoise 3.4 does not load a VST that worked in 3.2, 3.3

I’ve been going through my collection of older songs, and loaded one from a few years ago in Renoise 3.4.2. Renoise complained it could not find the Ozone 9 Equalizer VST.

It listed other VSTs from Ozone 9, as well as Ozone 9 VST3 plugins (including the VST3 equalizer).

I opened the song in an earlier version of Renoise, and it loaded fine in 3.2.1 and in 3.3.

3.2 did not see any VST3 plugins, but at least with 3.3 I could load the song, with that VST, and also add the VST3 version, and then hand-copy the settings over.

But this seems like a real bug, that this VST no longer works in 3.4 while working fine in 3.3.

1 Like

Not sure, maybe try the following in 3.42: remove ozone from plugins dir, restart Renoise, do a rescan, close Renoise, add ozone back to plug-ins dir, start renoise and do a rescan.

Same problem with Hypersonic 2 vsti.!!!
It runs perfect under 3.0 versions. Fail in 3.4.

Could you post your renoise.log? It’s in C:\Users**[YOURUSERNAME]**\AppData\Roaming\renoise\V3.4.2

1 Like

Hypersonic was 32 bit only, 32bit support was stripped in 3.4. Ozone 9 is 64 bit, so a different problem.

Edirol Orchestra (32bits) and lots of 32 bits vsti still are running under 3.4.
I use a lot Edirol Orchestra in 3.4 without problems.
Only fails with Hypersonic 2.
And its a pitty because Hypersonic its a great vsti!!

32bit is not supported anymore, end of story. Then use 3.3.

Linuxers already might know Carla. With Carla it’s possible to run Windows VST (32/64bit) in Linux. If your host application does not support 32bit VSt, Carla might help. There’s a Windows Version of Carla available as well.

on Win is jBridge.
My 32bit VST works.
Tested in Renoise, Reaper and Mixbus.

Edit: For OSx is jBridge too.

Log.txt (18.6 KB)

No real useful info there that I can see. It finds and loads other Ozone 9 VST plug-ins, but then has this:

Audio Plugins: Failed to open plug VST: Ozone 9 Equalizer
Audio Plugins: Failed to open plug VST: Ozone 9 Equalizer

Then it loads more Ozone VST stuff.

Curious what it is about that one VST.

I’m on Windows 10 64-bit Pro

I’m on Windows 10 pro 64-bit, I don’t think it’s a 32-bit thing. I can load other VSTs that are all part of Ozone 9 and I’d be surprised if some of them were 32-bit and others 64-bit.

FWIW, In Reaper, if you view a list of VSTs, any that are 32-bit have x86 appended to the name, and this does not appear for the Ozone 9 Equalizer VST.

remove ozone from plugins dir, restart Renoise, do a rescan, close Renoise, add ozone back to plug-ins dir, start renoise and do a rescan.

I didn’t do that because it seemed tedious : ), but while looking at the AppData\Roaming Renoise folder I saw there were assorted SQLite database files for cached VSTs, including failures. I moved them out of the folder and loaded the troublesome song. Renoise rescanned all the VST folders.

I got an error about an Ozone 9 Vintage EQ VST failing to load, and it said it would not load again until I removed that cache db. Sort of weird since that’s not the name of the plugin I was using (there is a vintage EQ plugin but I was using the regular one), but whatever. I removed the db files again, reloaded the song, and everything comes up fine.

I wish I took screenshots of the error messages because my recounting here might not be exact. The upside though is that if you have missing VSTs in a song, go find those db files, delete them (they get rebuilt), and try loading the song again.

This seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.