Renoise 3 speculation thread

BAM!

I heard they were replacing 0Dxx and making it a dubstep command 0dxy, where x is the amount of wobble and y is the amount of wubb.

Wubb and wobble in one command?! That wóuld be revolutionary!!

Hehe, yeah I remembered that, but forgot to add, on PC.

you senseless bags of scum, Skale Tracker 3 is just about to be released mwah mwah mwah!!!\11\11\11\C-4C-4||!

What about Scream Tracker 3? Cut the crap :P

Happy birthday, thread!

Let’s all pitch in and get this thread something nice for when it turns two. :)

Oh, gosh, this takes so impossibly long… I need normal linear wave arrangement sequensor AND Renoise pattern functionality. Is this so much to ask for? The devs are sabotaging everything: Oskari of Buzz doesn’t want to do anything even for money, Renoise is stalled in development phase which will take who knows how long, Aodix is forever gone…
This is goddam frustrating!! How much more is this waiting gonna last?? :huh:

Waiting for something to happen will naturally lead to frustration. ;)

My friendly suggestion is that you stop waiting, and instead just concentrate on making personal progress with whatever tools you’ve currently have available.

We’re in November now, so given Renoise’s past publishing dates, it could happen that a 3.0 beta will be published around Christmas in mid-December, then following 3-4 months of beta testing and a final release in Q2 next year. But that’s only my speculation.

But hey, let’s see it from the positive side: whatever the devs are wrestling with right now, it’s probably something that’s quite tough and takes a lot of time to get right. Could even be something that marks a new era for future Renoise 3.x versions. Since this is the speculation thread, my guess is that they’re going modular.

It turns two? We need a Renoise 3 speculation thread 2 speculation thread.

Amazing.

HOLY SHIT CHECK THE BACKSTAGE! JUST KIDDING THE RENOISE TEAM HATES YOU.

Now I don’t know should I first listen to Orbital or to Steve Reich.

couldn’t you pair Renoise with another DAW using Rewire or JACK?

For me renoise has everything right except for audio tracks ! Audio tracks will be in renoise 3.0 for my speculation !

I’m hoping for this as well. It would make recording guitar so much easier. Not the biggest of deals though, there’s always rewire.

the audio tracks would be a very welcome addition :D

My best guess is that they finish the sampler and go modular. Audiotracks could also be a possibility. Maybe they also fix the mixer (think post-send). In general, I hope they fix more of the stuff that they already started working on in the last releases, instead of just introducing new features.

Poppycock. My divining rod says it’s due by Christmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiOrKwB5Dn4